News

Amelia Island

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sagaponack, Mar 14, 2004.

1. sagaponack

sagaponack Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Just returned from Amelia Island where a few unremarkable Ferraris were on the auction block at RM.

The 2,600 Mile daytona in Barrone (brown)--all origininal did not sell. Made it to the high 300's.

Wayne (the famous ferrari technician) had a nice and original and highly beaten 250gte which sold for about 30 (need to check). His wife drove it 400 miles to the show and only used a pint of oil.

A 2001 f1 360 with 2k mile I don't believe sold on the block. Did not hit 200.

There was a 275 alloy taht I believe did not sell as well but I do not remember the high bid. Possibly, around $400k.

At the concours, Peter kalikow's superamerica (the blue one) was there and a top notch 330gts in metallic gold and a 275 gts in red. Not much else caught my eye in terms of Ferrari's.

If any one needs exact RM prices,let me know.

Best,

Rob

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    was that 300,000 dollar daytona a spyder?surely a coupe would never bring that type of a bid...unless someone was faking a bid

4. davel

davel Guest

I was at Amelia. I will be posting some pics soon. The alloy 275 went for over 600k. I believe $620k. The 312 represented by Brian Redman did not sell at $ 1.6 million!! Phone bidder stalled and the car was pulled. The auction was better than Barrett this year with a nice variety of vehicles. Too many Rods and Customs for me at Barrett now, but its still a fun event.

5. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    That Daytona (which is allegedly a real spyder, and i don't mean to doubt it) has been around for a while. It was most recently offered by Tom Papadopalopodous (sp?) from AutoSport in the Lon-Guy-Land.

6. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Papadopalopodous -LOL!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    If the alloy 275 went for 620K then someone got a bargain.

This car was one of a kind - unrestored but in excellent condition.

9. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    Go to bed Paul.

let's drive next Sunday

Kelly

10. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob

yes it was spider.

Rob

www.bridgehamptonmotoringclub.com

11. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    OK Kelly.
    Yea- like you'll have to twist my arm real hard for me to do that. I never drive my car- it's a garage queen.
    I looked in my records - I've only gotten 3,800 miles on my rear tires and they are already shot. Not due to burnouts. Tire slip is proportional to force applied. At high speeds it takes more force to push it down the road. Bummer.

Wish I could say this picture was me passing a Vette Saturday but this is when he passed me at warp factor 4.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I could have sworn that it did not sell. But I was not paying enough attention.
    Glad someone was awake.

I actually thought there were slim pickings. They even auctioned off a 1994 Toyota Supra with 64k miles.

I was also annoyed that the great red 300sl roadster was pulled.

Best,

Rob

www.bridgehamptonmotoringclub.com