"An American Tragedy" (from Veloce Today) | FerrariChat

"An American Tragedy" (from Veloce Today)

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by tritone, Mar 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    http://velocetoday.com/news/news_92.php

Even though John Fitch didn't have any/much Ferrari history, seems as though he's in a sticky situation, which some of us may be able to help........

Tritone
    PS: Rob & Mods: is this the best place to post this for maximum attention? Move if required, thx.

2. Cris

Cris Karting

Jul 27, 2004
    Vermont
    Unreal, but then again, not surprising.
    I'm in the VSCCA...Mr. Fitch has forever been one of the leading lights of the organization.
    Please do what you can, especially if you're a resident of CT.

Cris

3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I met John Fitch at Amelia Island last year. What a wonderful man who has led a great life. For something like this to happen at this time in his life is an outrage. I will certainly send what I can to help him. I think more than money will be needed, though, to help him....political clout trumps money every time.

If they feel so inclined, I encourage forum members to post this on other forums in which they participate.

Jack.

4. Ed_Long

Ed_Long Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Salem, Oregon USA
    Full Name:
    Ed Long
    Unfortunately, the way Connecticut DEP is operating is entirely consistent with SuperFund regulations of US EPA that all of the states must follow. My dad in Washington had a friend who bought a piece of property that had been the site of a dry cleaners where cleaning solvents were dumped out the back door. He became liable for clean up to the tune of over $1M for something he never did. That is the way the Republican administration of Dubya has treated these kinds of problems.

5. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Whenever acquiring commercial real estate the minimum due diligence would require that previous uses be investigated and at least a screen analysis or phase 1 be performed. The cost of doing the homework is far, far less than the potential cost of cleanup or loss of value.

Jack