Anthony Bourdain | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anthony Bourdain

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by kevfla, Jun 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I appreciate all the positive things said about you and am sure you are a great person. To me the line was crossed when the first user said a person committing suicide doesn’t even deserve a funeral.
    That being said i am done and am focusing on cars& am sure this is a misunderstanding as, again, people have been singing your moderating skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I agree that the initial comment about suicide was heartless. It also may have shown a lack of understanding of the issues, but what we need to do as humans, is rise above that and refute the notion on its merits, and not make it about who posted but about what was posted.

Oh, and if it was easy to do, we wouldn't need moderators here. :D

D

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U are right! Moderating is not easy! And we appreciate your help and commitments! Trust me we can all be very annoying at times; just ask my wife! Lol
    Have a great day folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Back on topic...I think there might be 3 threads on Tony's death (silver, P&R and here).

I really found him interesting and his shows are pretty much the only thing I watch on TV that isn't a regular cooking show or sports.

Very unique and interesting man, who showed me (and my fiance and my family) a number of interesting things about a number of interesting places.

I am not a fan of the celeb worship element of modern society...so I'm rarely (never until now) touched or give a damn when a celeb or even an artist passes on.

But this one bummed me out...I'm going to miss his shows.

Red 27 likes this.
  5. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    The attraction to Anthony’s shows for me has been the realistic perspective he gave on the very interesting places he went. Many chefs have personalities, Mario Batali is such an example, which I do not care for. Anthony seemed like a really nice, flawed guy.

6. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    tomc likes this.
  7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Not really...in Kaysersberg, which is a very small village of about 2.600 inhabitants, about 40 miles South of Strasbourg. A place that many Frenchmen of the region know well, like I do. Very typical alsatian village, famous for many things, among which its high number of storks. Not that it changes a lot, of course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaysersberg

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaysersberg

Rgds