Any Aryton Senna pics and videos out there? | FerrariChat

Any Aryton Senna pics and videos out there?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 62 250 GTO, Jan 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    He is still one of my favorite drivers, it's hard to believe it's been alomost 10 years. Too bad I was just a kid when it happened, I didn't see him in a live race. I'm still upset with that.
    I saw a short tribute video with "The Power of Good-bye" playing in the background, anyone see it/have it?

2. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    I took the best action shot of senna that i have ever seen (really) from about 15 feet away on a medium speed straightaway. He had grooved slicks on his jpl lotus, wearing his famous bright chartreusse helmet. Will post it someday when i scan it. Also took an awesome close shot of alboreto in the best looking ferrari F1 of all time, with his ultra modern helmet.
    T

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Go to Grandprixlegends.com you can purchase "Racing is in my Blood" or "A Star Named Ayrton Senna". Great Videos. You can also buy the 1985-1993 FIA GP Seasons with him.

I just got back from Brazil (My wife is Brazilian) and let me tell you, you would never think it is almost 10 years since he died. The people still talk about him like he was here, for as great as a Racer he was he was a better human being. His foundation in Brazil has helped more than 2.5 million children in the last 10 years.

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Took this in Detroit '84...

5. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    What day was it? When he...

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    1st of may 1994 ..Horrible day. I cried for 3 days.
    When i went to bad that day , i was sure i would wake up next morning and they would say that he was alive , just recovering in the hospital..

7. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I pulled out my taped copy of the 1st Australian Grand Prix (1985) and watched it after my Super Bowl company left this evening. A very young Senna was driving the wheels off the JPS Lotus, great stuff! This must have been one of the first races to feature a driver going over the curbs, they kept commenting on it. Want to borrow the tape?

8. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    It is one of my top 5 current tracks and one of my top 2 drivers, yes I wold like to watch it! Can you make a copy?

9. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I might need to experiment with my VCR's and set up something in the basement (haven't made copies in years), but I think I can make you a copy. Will see if I can include another early Senna race, I know I have Australia '85 and '86, some of the other tapes are mis-labeled or in the wrong box. I'll PM you for an address when I'm ready, OK? Will try to do it early this week.
    Jeff B.

10. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    It's on my website at www.flatoutracing.net but you can download it quicker at: http://www.specracer.com/media/ayrton_senna_tribute.mpg

I know people hate comparisons but he still ranks as the best in the world and in my opinion was just as good if not better than Schumacher.

My son's middle name is Ayrton!

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

11. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
  12. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I just read a letter in one of the racing mags that asked 'What if Senna hadn't died?' The gist of it suggested that it would have been Senna most likely who went on to win 6 Championships. BTW, my dog's name is Senna...

13. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    If he was still racing he would be very well off in the record books. He was going into a stretch with no real comp. so titles were in his future for sure.

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Awesome video, John... Thanks for posting it...