Any Jaguar XKR-S Owners | FerrariChat

Any Jaguar XKR-S Owners

Discussion in 'British' started by JoeTSI, Jul 1, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    So, I have always loved the body style of the later Jaguar XK's as they have haunches in the rear similar to the MKIV Supra and just appeal to me overall. Plus, I love owning obscure cars that people aren't used to seeing and have copious amounts of horsepower which is what draws me to the XKR's, the XKR-S in particular given its rarity. Are there any current, or former, owners who could shed some light on reliability (I know, haha, it's a Jaguar), weak points (I know sticky buttons are one), and other things to watch out for? I have my eye on one in VA but wanted some feedback prior to pulling the trigger.

2. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I’ve never owned an XKR-S but have owned 2 x X100 and 1 x X150. I still have the XK and a supercharged XJL (x351).

They are fine cars. They have their quirks and known weak spots (leather shrinking, sticky interior— sound familiar). Water pumps are known to fail early. The technology is dates but are very solid cars. Find one in top shape/well maintained and you’ll be fine.

enjoy!

3. NC Mondial

NC Mondial Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 6, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Paul Stahl
    In 2015 I bought a 2008 XK with 20,000 miles on it. It now has 62,000 and has been all but trouble free. Other than normal maintenance the only thing I have had to replace is a wiper switch. As noted above it does have an issue with shrinking leather on the dash.

Absolutely LOVE the car.

JoeTSI likes this.
  4. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    No particular experience with the xkr, but my wife and I have owned 4 Jags so far...01 XJR, 02 S-Type, 05 XJR, 18 F Pace.

Absolutely loved them, especially the 05 XJR, what classic and elegant styling and the ride was sublime...as was touted for decades for having a super comfortable ride, but the suspension performed flawlessly and firmly when pushed.

The interiors were always more stately and luxurious with a purpose, not the throw as much of "anything" in there just because we can or it is the current trend.

Reliability was better than most of the usual European makes of BMW, Merc, etc.

Hey, if it is fit for the queen of England, then it should be fine for our commoners' buttocks!

JoeTSI likes this.
  5. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    I have a 2009 XKR...hard to believe that its over 12 years old already! Bought it with 20,000 on the clock and now has a little over 30,000 miles. No issues at all, and never get tired of looking at it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

definitelysomeday and JourneyMan like this.
  6. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Same here, just picked up a mint 2008.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

JourneyMan and mcimino like this.