Any knowledge on VIN ZFF65THA9D0191144 for sale in Wichita KS, was in Long Island & Naples FL prev | FerrariChat

Any knowledge on VIN ZFF65THA9D0191144 for sale in Wichita KS, was in Long Island & Naples FL prev

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by fossilfuel, Dec 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Hey guys,

I am getting close to pulling the trigger on this car. 2013 Cal-30 with Handling Speciale (and some other stuff).

Car seems clean and low mileage----just wanted to put it to the forum for any potential input before taking the dive.

Thanks!

-mark

Here is the current listing: https://porscheofwichita.com/inventory/used/Ferrari+California+California+Wichita+Kansas+2013+Black+1382237

Here is when it was at Ferrari Long Island: https://www.maseratili.com/used/FERRARI/2013-FERRARI-CALIFORNIA-Plainview+NY-471274910a0e0ae75e6ee28210bb58a5.htm#packages

Here is when it was in Naples: http://www.naplesmotorsports.com/vehicle-details/2013-ferrari-california-convertible-716ba4fdfee14c5a8c62afd96754f15e

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    No knowledge of the car. Love the color combo. Rear bench instead of setas - very rare! Just one thing by way of comment, the entire interior is beige, including the dashboard. If you can - and have not driven a car with a totally beige interior - I would test drive it, especially on a sunny day. The glare off light-colored dashboards can bug some people. Porsche just settled a lawsuit for this very reason. My Porsche is completely beige interior, and there is quite a bit of reflection, but it doesn't bother me, and sunglasses largely solve the problem. Good luck...T

3. Scout123

Scout123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2017
    Ha. I am actually eye-balling that car as well. Kicking around between 08 599, 07 F430, or a 2013 Cali. That one interested me because of the strong price, low miles, and it appears all service done at one Ferrari dealer. Don't worry about me going after it. That said, when I was thinking about it, not really anyone in Wichita that can do a good PPI. I was going to contact Vince at Black Horse Motors here in KC area to see if could do one and how much.

4. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I've been into Wassler several times and have looked at that car for another friend. It's a nice car and it drives well. No ppi on it and they know next to nothing about it. They have come off the price quite a bit since they brought it in. It had just under 7k miles and the interior looks new. Only a small scuff on the drivers bolster. I may still have the photos on my phone. I mentioned to the sales manager about maybe getting a ppi done if they bring anymore in just so they had one on hand and she thought I was nuts but aperently as time has worn on and several people have passes because of no ppi and no one close to do one.

They also have a white 488 they brought in at the same time they got the Cali.

5. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    They won't allow the car to go anywhere, so I wonder how much a person could do with the car on the lift. They claimed the car had been serviced before being hipped to Wichita.

6. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I'm not in the market, but if a seller refuses to let me PPI the car then I'm out.

There's no reason to risk yourself for a car that's not exactly rare. A PPI has saved me a couple of times.

7. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    #7 azlin75, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    I only have like 5 photos my buddy asked me to take to accompany the photos Wassler had online. I also have a card to the sales associate that I spoke with. I didn't get the card for the sales manager. All I can tell you is everything operated as it should when I looked at it, tires looked excellent, the paint had just been corrected.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I kinda warned them that it might be a hard sell. They couldn't understand why it would be that big a deal. I did my best to explain, but don't know how much really sunk in. I know from when I looked at it to now it's dropped from 144k to where it is now.

9. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I was between a 2013 Cali and 2007 F430 also. Ended up with the F430. For my first Ferrari, I finally decided it needed to be a mid engine V8. No regrets

10. Scout123

Scout123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2017
    Yeah, I am leaning toward the F430 or 599.

11. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Thanks guys....very helpful. We are working a trade for my F430 F1 coupe...... I LOVE the F430 but I have come to the realization that I am more of a GT guy than a hard edged sports car guy at this stage of life, especially for a semi-daily-driver. But I wanted a Cali-30 with HS to stay as close as I could to sports car.

12. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    What has been your dissatisfaction with the F430?

13. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    WTS--- I have no dissatisfaction with the 430 per se. I love it. When it first came out, I thought the design was a bit too "busy" but I have grown to like it more even than the 360.

My issues have to do more with me than the car--- I am a bit chubby and a cali will be easier to get in and out of.

And just simply a 6 year and one generation newer car--- i I think the single clutch f1 is cool and in the 430 the final evolution----i like it's rawness (the rawness of the whole car actually---which is part of what makes a 430 sort of the last of its kind). That said, I will use it as a near-daily driver. So I am looking for a little more refinement, ease of use and civility ---which is probably all the stuff purists hate about cali's (and I get it). But I am kind of the target audience for a cali at this point---and especially a 30 with HS.

I am a motorcycle guy, too---ducati. And the same could be said for my preferences in their product line---i love and respect and am in awe of a penigale. But I ride a multistrada. I get comfort and ergonomics I need with enough racing DNA and performance to always put a smile on my face.

Does that all make sense?

Sent from my BBB100-1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    PS...sorry about typos (tiny phone keyboard). Meant, WRS and Panigale....probably other boo-boos as well.

15. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    PPS..... I had a chance to visit the original selling dealer, Ferrari of San Francisco today. I was out there on a business trip and had a window to go visit. Shout out to James Chou, the Sales Manager there. SUPER NICE GUY! In the past, I have been put-off by my reception at certain Ferrari dealerships. These guys were super nice and welcoming.

Anyway, turns out James knows this car well---he actually ordered and spec'd it as their demo originally. It got sold to an Ohio buyer with only 200-ish miles on the ODO.

I am feeling good about the purchase and am excited to get her delivered soon! I will keep the board posted when she arrives :)

-mark (aka Fossil Fuel)

16. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Was just in the dealers lot today, told my daughter it was probably going to be gone soon so she wanted to check it out one more time. It appears to be in pretty good shape. I hope it is, and it works out for you.

fossilfuel likes this.
  17. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sweeeeet! Post up pics when it arrives...T

18. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Last time we had it in at Boardwalk was back in 2013

Last Service I see in its history is 9/2016 where the oil service, brake flush, and drive belts were replaced under the Ferrari GMS program.

Its possible they were unaware that it HAS free scheduled services through 10/31/2019

Congrats on your new Ferrari !

S

19. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    It did occur to me that if FossilFuel bought the car even without a PPI that since he lives in Austin, and the car still has free scheduled Maintenance he could find out fairly easily what the thing needs by just simply servicing the car as soon as it arrives. As i said before the car seems to be a really good deal and everything appears to operate properly on the car. This was actually the first car i ever drove with the handling speciale package. The only 2 things i saw wrong with it were its black and has the rear bench instead of a seat. The wife didnt like the all tan dash either. Good luck with your purchase.