Anybody Own(ed) Both a 550 & Lamborghini Diablo? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anybody Own(ed) Both a 550 & Lamborghini Diablo?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Shark01, Apr 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Bro, I'm a self-made multimillionaire business owner. It still me and anyone years to raise 150k of pure play money after having absolutely no debt, overhead costs, business expenses and investments.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

F456M and Shark01 like this.
  2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    +1 for a hemorrhoid reset

Shamile likes this.
  3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hello Shark01, I would try and see if you can test drive both of them. I think nothing can replace that experience in allowing you to judge what is best for you. As far as bradwilliams, he's had a history of bashing owners and their cars here (as long as he doesn't own the car model, if he does, it suddenly becomes God's gift to man) - so I would take his comment about "hating the 550" and it being a terrible car with not just a grain, but BLOCK of salt.

Best wishes.

4. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Honestly, in this case, Kurt (Bradwilliams) has owned and lived with the 550 I haven't seen any bashing here but people's opinion on driving the car as owners.

The impression I get is that the car is a gentleman's gt....not a visceral, in your face exotic. It doesn't mean it's a bad or lack luster car....it's what you're looking for.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

G. Pepper likes this.
  5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    You will find something you do not like about your Diablo if you have to replace the clutch. Engine has to be pulled to do it.

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi Shamile, if you like, I can post 10 times he bashed owners here. Actually, happy to do so. Just say the word. (I have links and all documented). Do I have a bone to pick? absolutely.

It's been a while since I've seen bradwilliams, and it was no surprise to see that the first few posts I see are him in this forum are him proclaming he "hated the 550" because it has no excitement or visceral feel. Yet, I have posts of him saying the exact OPPOSITE when he owned it of course. Hey all his words, not mine.

I always respect honest and sincere critiques of cars. I sure didn't like my old 63HP Mazda 323, but I don't go the mazda forums putting down the car in the owners section. I just don't like it when people come to forum to put others and their cars down. Not cool. He hates the 550? Then why spend time here in a 550 ENTHUSIASTS forum?

But wait, am I not doing the same thing to him?

Well - some critique the schadenfreuder, other will critique the person who stands up to them. Interested to see where you fall.

F456M, G. Pepper and Shamile like this.
  7. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Bashing isn't my thing.

Perhaps I'm bias because Kurt is a personal friend in real life. I don't find him putting things or people down when we're out together.

I don't know anything outside of the Testarossa or Lamborghini forums....so, I'll take your word for it...no links necessary lol

I personally have nothing for or against a 550 as I haven't driven or lived with one. I'll just say I'm not a fan of any front engined Ferrari.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

paulchua likes this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks, Shamile for your kind note. I will acknowledge that Kurt could be the most awesome guy, I don't know him personally, only virtually -- and we all know we can act completely different online then what represents our true self.

Shamile, I've always felt your appreciation and passion for the marque, and you being a friend of his says a lot. So I get I may be just reacting the the 'virtual' Kurt, and the 'real' Kurt I would spare a lung for.

All I can say though is the persona here has been full of inconsistencies, falsehoods, bravado, and straight head-scratching comments that have rubbed not only me the wrong way, but many others.

Shamile likes this.
  9. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    My sentiments entirely.

I did think about a 365BB a few years back, but my Dino came along and I fell in love at first sight! Arguably half the car for the same money, but that's not the way I see it.

G. Pepper and paulchua like this.
  10. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Indeed.

Shamile likes this.
  11. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #36 Shamile, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Thanks for the kind words Paulchula.

I'll give Kurt a smack on the head for you next time he visits me in Florida. ;) lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hahaha, Really my only request of Kurt, is stop bashing Ferrari cars and their owners. There are plenty of other sites that trolling is embraced. If he thinks Ferrari cars are not special, hates them, and have no feel - maybe best to keep those thoughts to himself on a Ferrari enthusiast forum. Now, it's a free country of course, and he has every right to speak his mind, as he is welcome to wear Yankee colors in a Red Sox home game...but don't expect Bostonians to roll out the velvet carpet.

Best wishes to you Shamile.

Shamile likes this.
  13. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Great video, thanks for posting. Very positive appraisal of the car from someone who has 40,000+ miles of ownership and everyday use under his belt.

NB at 20:57 - "compared to cars like the Diablo, this was just so useable"

G. Pepper likes this.
  14. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I've learned in the past year that a 456M is much more "usable" than a 360. That's why I want a 612 now. :)

15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    are you saying the diablo is boring to drive or the interior is boring? my 98 SV is visceral, anything but boring.

Shamile likes this.
  16. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    If the pricing came down to $200k, would definitely consider an Anny model....but don't see that happening

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    you shld be able to get a higher mile one for 200k no?

18. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I am well aware, special cars for special people....had an engine out two years ago, still love the car to death.

Shamile and G. Pepper like this.
  19. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Take it with a grain of salt but Joe Sackey told me no recently.

20. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
  21. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I don't know who would say that, but I will joke around that my red/yellow MOMO interior is boring

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    call a wholesaler and see what they offer on the high mile one i posted. ive been offered 240k (wholesale) on my 5600 KM car.

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  24. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Thanks for the research......If anyone has a decent Countach they will take $200k flat for, let me know. Same with a BBi.