Anyone close to a beach | FerrariChat

Anyone close to a beach

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by ttforcefed, Jul 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Figure out how to keep sand and grit from getting inside the garage? Driving me nuts!!! Got new doors, New weatherstripping, etc.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

2. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    It’s a sandy place.

3. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    This little number right here is solid gold at my house and garage. It’s strong enough to move sand, dirt, pollen, dander but not so strong you can’t fire it around inside your house. Just get air flow going one direction, don’t point it directly at the priceless crystal vase with mother in laws ashes :D - and blow that mess right out. Rechargeable battery keeps you from dragging cord around knocking over everything else :D Tahoe has dirt, sand, pollen, dander contributions every day, especially summer.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    really you use that without pulling the cars out? im trying to find some type of robot i can leave running all the time and have it dump outside

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    without a doubt!

6. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    They call it a leaf blower. It’s slightly underpowered making it perfect for clean up. I use it daily and in the light can see a crazy amount of (stuff) that I’m happy isn’t going into my lungs. Done in 5 minutes.

I blow it straight over and on the neighbors car instead :D

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Haha that's awesome

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

8. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    How about one of the roomba vacuums?
    You’d have to empty it yourself though. I’ve never used one and don't know how much sand and bugs and leaves they can hold. I doubt much. A couple days worth? Surely someone somewhere has tried them for this application, in which case you might find results in something like Amazon reviews of them.

One thing that might help is a rubber threshold that you glue to the concrete as an added door seal, augmenting the rubber seal at the door bottom. Associated weather stripping at the sides and top of jamb.

Good luck. I stayed in Florida, 6 miles from shore and the sand and bugs were a regular annoyance, along with snakes and other life forms.

9. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior