Anyone doing Cannonball 8000? | FerrariChat

Anyone doing Cannonball 8000?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by CharlieUK, Aug 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CharlieUK

CharlieUK Karting

Jun 30, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Anyone doing Cannonball 8000? I booked on a while ago, and the event is soon -- w/e of 17/18/19 Sept. Would be great to hear from others and what car they are taking. I will be going in my 355 spider which I have recently got!

2. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    You're a far braver man than me. Good luck with the new car Charlie.

3. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Charlie,

Well done for finding a car at last! How many did you test? A thousand? A million?

4. CharlieUK

CharlieUK Karting

Jun 30, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    What do u mean at last - its only taken 6 weeks - thats not bad for such a large purchase and not that many 355's on the market @ this time of yr. I drove about 10-12, and looked at several more that I didn't test drive. Great fun process. Did loads of research, and have learnt alot. Each 355 is quite different - all have their little quirks. The main thing I found was that people are really relucant to sell! Very happy w my new purchase and lking fwd to meeting up w everyone soon.

5. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Anyone doing Cannonball 8000?

What is the Cannonball 8000? I've heard of the Cannonball 3000. Do you have a website link?

6. CharlieUK

CharlieUK Karting

Jun 30, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Cannonball 8000 is basically the same as Cannonball 3000, which ran last yr. Organised by the same people. The were asked/ told by Gumball to ditch the 3000, so they just changed it to 8000 ?!?
    www.cannonball8000.com

7. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Charlie Well done on getting the 355 i am sure you will enjoy . Where are the pictures ,come on get that camera out and post some .

RAY360M

8. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Charlie,

Congrats on the 355. I've had my Spider for 4 months, done about 3,500 miles and am still "lovin' it" like a Big Mac!

I'd love to do Gumball or Cannonball, but have 2 good reasons for not doing it;

1) Can't afford it!
    2) It all looks a little too stressful and knackering to really be able to enjoy it.
    3) I can't afford it!

However, I really hope you have a great time and don't wreck your car!

9. basher

basher Karting

Jan 19, 2004
    Full Name:
    Fraser B
    #9 basher, Aug 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Did it last year in the 355 - it was great fun.......watch out for the mad chefs (well tehy will be something different this year no doubt in the 911)

Not going this year as once was enough really and with a baby on the way I think i would be decapitated if I asked.....but I do have a couple of freinds going this year......both are undecided on what cars they are taking yet though...

Give Conrad a kick in the shins for me !!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login