Anyone have the color codes for radio harness?? | FerrariChat

Anyone have the color codes for radio harness??

Discussion in '360/430' started by RedNeck, Jan 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    In the process of getting rid of the ridiculously unnecessary ghetto fabulous amplifier in my '99 360 to just connect the head unit normally without the amp...of course, the stock connectors are no longer there and the wires are cut and spliced all over the place..and it looks like, in pure Ferrari fashion, the wire colors don't follow any kind of standard that one would expect in taking on such a simple project. Anyone have the schematics for the harness (I've seen the pinouts, they offer no help since the connectors are gone)? The last thing I want is to mess up my electrical system for this..

2. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #2 Kevin Rev'n, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Thank you for this, only issue is that this references the connectors, and all my connectors have been cut off, leaving the wires to be spliced. Is there a reference chart that shows the color of the wires and their corresponding function somewhere? ie. Red=+12V Black=GND, etc..

4. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You are going to need the radio pinouts I think for that. I dont know that it will show voltages but definitely the functions. Let me dig around...

5. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #5 Kevin Rev'n, Jan 17, 2017
    See if this can help. It is from the manual for the Ferrari Mexico Pro Radio. Should be common to all the era radios that look like this. I didn't catch if you are installing a stock radio or not. Let me know if you want the full pdf for this unit. B and A below are common to the 3D connections in the Ferrari wiring diagrams above.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    The radio pinouts are in the manuals for the earlier Beckers and should also be on Google images (Kevin posted at the same time !)

If you still have the old stereo connected you should be able to interpret what the loom wires are doing from combining that and the pins of the old unit

I remember when I did a 355 wired as you describe yours it necessitated paper and combining information

Once you've isolated the four speaker pairs plus one or two earths and powers it becomes much easier

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Kevin, thank you for that, I am going to try to match the wires by pin numbers, I should be able to piece it together from there.

Unfortunately, the had a Clarion unit hard wired in there, and after looking at the pinout from the stereo's installation guide, a things got a little fuzzy on how they have it wired, and they may have hard wired some other things in there, that I guess I will have to perform continuity checks if that's the case.

8. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    #8 RedNeck, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Here is what I have thus far, will update...

+12V constant = Red/white
    +12V switched = Orange/Black
    Illumination=Not used
    GND=black
    + Rear right = Green
    - Rear right = Green/black
    + Front right = Violet
    - Front right = Violet/Black
    + Front left = Brown
    - Front left = Brown/black
    + Rear left = Grey
    - Rear left = Gray/black

Control output for amplifier = Red
    Volume-Speed control = white/yellow

9. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    So you have the basic wires for power etc. and one speaker. FYI if you need an original wire harness then the blaupunkt harness will do also:

WIRE HARNESS PLUG BLAUPUNKT CD83 CD127 410 TRC41 CD52 RDM168 CD51 MP34 CD50 CM84 | eBay

Check for the wire coming from the trunk for the CD changer output. Mine was without the CD changer but the wiring was still put in by the factory.

10. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #10 Kevin Rev'n, Jan 17, 2017
    Good luck! If you can sort through those cable diagrams I posted you are my kind of Redneck! One of the coolest things about the OEM radios is the speed dependent volume control which is Pin 1 Socket A of the radio corresponding to pin 1? of one of the 2 "3D" cables in the car. What it does is increase the volume of the radio when you get up in the rev range. I am not sure if it is adjustable but mine kicks in around 4500RPMs just as my Capristo starts to really scream. This most likely would not have been used on your setup maybe the wire is tucked back somewhere. See if these pic can help you narrow stuff down. I got heavy into planning to upgrade my stereo but never did.

Sorry for blurriness in the first pic but it is useful to illustrate the orientation of the C1, C2, and C3 radio connections. My car had just the basic radio so my "socket C1" was un-populated. You should be able to use my second picture, even though it is upside down, to help with some of the colored wiring and what they go to in the stock radio.

Let me know if you need anything else.

ref:
    C1 = Yellow Connector
    C2 = Green
    C3 = Blue

11. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #11 Kevin Rev'n, Jan 17, 2017
  12. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I don't think those triple connectors exist in my car, and I just realized that I was going by the car equipped with the subwoofer. Here are the updated color codes:

For subwoofer equipped cars:
    Illumination=Not used
    GND=black
    + Rear right = Green
    - Rear right = Green/black
    + Front right = Violet
    - Front right = Violet/Black
    + Front left = Brown
    - Front left = Brown/black
    + Rear left = Grey
    - Rear left = Gray/black

For cars NOT equipped with subwoofer:
    Illumination=Not used
    GND=black

+ Front right = Violet
    - Front right = Grey
    + Front left = Violet/Black
    - Front left = Green

13. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Thank you, I was wondering about this also, did not see where those were going but looked factory.