Anyone here ever visit the Bunting collection? | FerrariChat

Anyone here ever visit the Bunting collection?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, Jan 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #1 turbos7903, Jan 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Spent Saturday with a few of my collector friends visiting three car collections in the Baltimore area. Visited the Charles Gillett collection of 30's and 40's Cadillacs,Packards and Rolls Royce's. Then onto the George Bunting collection. Really impressive collection of 42 cars of various marques and the Building that houses the collection is nearly the size of a football field. The "Garage" is custom built just for his collection.Last we went to a smallish collection of vintage Porsche's owned by a long term Porsche enthusiast. 60 cars between the three collections!! Enjoy a sampling of the photos. Has anyone ever had a similiar visit? Jon in Delaware
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

what a garage, Jon. Wish I mde that trip!!

Joe

3. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Joe, we met at 730 AM at I95 MD/DE border. Would have been an early morning for you my friend. When can I expect to see you again? Last I heard it was going to be a few months. I cant wait that long!! Jon

4. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wow, I love that 599, do you have any more pictures of it?

5. Estoril Blue

Estoril Blue Karting

Jan 5, 2008
    Thanks for the pics. Do you have any links to these? I did some searching and didn't turn up anything.

6. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #6 turbos7903, Jan 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    Ya know, I get pissed every couple months when a new DMV registration form comes in the mail for one of my rides, then the sticker a month later. Can you imagine the headache Bunting must have?

8. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Jon, Looks great. Missed you on Saturday at C&C. Looks like a fun day with lots of cool cars. The GT3 rs's look familiar. Bob

9. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Yes Bob,you know the owner of the Green GT3RS's. He wasnt happy with one so now he has two! Jon

10. 400igtpilot

400igtpilot Rookie

Dec 5, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Full Name:
    George Van Dyke
    I know Charles Gillet pretty well. Went to school with Bunting's son and know another son of his, Marc who has raced in the Baltimore Grand Prix in guess what?

Can't promise anything but may be able to find out more if need be for potential future visits

Who was 3rd collector not mentioned in origional post?

11. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    His ( 3rd collection) has been sold off for the most part. You had to dig deep to find this post!! Jon in Delaware

12. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Wow, I read till your last post Jon before I realized it was an old thread. HA Ha I actually said out loud before scrolling down. "Hey I bet I know the owner of those green GT3's.
    Where's Joe Mac going???? LOL

13. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Does he still have that white 930? Nice car.

14. 400igtpilot

400igtpilot Rookie

Dec 5, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Full Name:
    George Van Dyke
    Yes Jon I was digging deep... I was searching out info on a Bunting... based on boolean search in Google. But I know Charles Gillet just bought another oldie to restore (Rolls I think) & I am going to get into both garages within the next 6 months for fun myself just to take pictures (hobby). I guess the Paul Walker / Rojas incident sparked my interest in Porsche's briefly and so I was trying to find the owner of this red 2013 Carrera GT seen up in Hunt Valley just north of me (where the Buntings work...when they do work...)