Anyone know anything about Graphene? | FerrariChat

Anyone know anything about Graphene?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by fstbiker, Aug 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fstbiker

fstbiker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    Getting my F430 front clear wrapped redone and they guy offered to do the rest of the car in Graphene. Its similar to ceramic coat. Anyone have experience or have had it done?

2. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    The guy who paint corrected my 488 (pre Suntek PPF application) applied it to the wheels and plastic trim parts. Maybe the glass as well. He sold me on it at the time but after the fact I really had no idea what it did nor could I tell a difference when washing the car, etc. I won’t do it on the inbound F8.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    Graphene is gimmicky. The amount that is put into these coatings is tiny, just enough to say it is a graphene coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ifeelfree0 and Ivan Drago like this.
  4. vdm9

vdm9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2014
    long island new york
    Full Name:
    vasilios
    I was very skeptical, but I tried the 303 graphene product - I think it was $19 for the bottle, on one car, I liked it so much I did a second car. I found the product to be easy to use and great results so far - 3 months and both cars sit outside
    Just my experience

5. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Graphene may be gimicky, but it's not going to hurt your car. I've noticed an improvement over ceramic costing. But it depends on the brand. Maybe it's in my head.

Jaxwax makes great products and doesn't have high price tags. Their 5 year graphene is a great product and was easy to install. Love the graphene detail spray to touch up. It's 99 bucks for a kit and you can do 2-3 cars

Prep is everything with these products.

I would compare graphene to "organic" foods. Is it really better, healthier, free of all bad things? Might as well get that organic banana vs the non organic. Doesn't cost that much more and it will be worse than the non organic banana

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Graphine/Lead pencil/Lead =toxic! Look it up on duck, duck go. Old days when you wanted streak free windows you dried your widows with news paper print

7. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    You may be confusing graphite with graphene. Grpahite is used to make pencils.

Graphene is just carbon and its actually used to treat cancer. Here is one of the many articles on that

https://www.herox.com/blog/240-graphene-used-to-fight-cancer

This is what graphene is. No lead in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene

8. JCR

JCR F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    Long time ago when newsprint ink was loaded with VOCs.