Anyone recommend a spot repainter | FerrariChat

Anyone recommend a spot repainter

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Quasimotor, Jan 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Quasimotor

Quasimotor Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
    Larry at Langka suggested I find a good spot repainter to take care of a small over-compounded spot on the hood of my red 84 QV. Anyone know of such a person in NY tristate area and can recommend? I live in Yonkers.

2. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    you could try Wide world of cars - a sponsor of this board. They do great body work. Also recommend Classic coach in elizabeth nj

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    I AGREE WITH TOM

CALL WWOC 845 425 2600 X 245, FOR JIM MURPHY, TELL HIM I SENT YA

BRUCE

4. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

I've used ORANGE COUNTY AUTOMOTIVE a number of times and have been extremely pleased with the results. They are in Warwick, N Y. Tell Bruno Tom Buckley sent you. 845-258-4444

Tom

5. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Quasimotor, you have mail.

6. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    If I may, being a NYS licensed collision appraiser myself, spot refinishing is a slight possibility if your hood is a metallic color, and even then only the most competent painter can accomplish that (WWOC, Classic Coach, or Daytona Cosmocar could pull it off). It requires expertly 'blending' the said area into the finish of the rest of the panel, so that there are no shadow effects in the metal of the paint, and the panel finish looks seamless.

If it is a solid color, I would venture to say it is unlikely that a reputable paint shop would attempt it, as there will always be a noticable 'fingerprint' outline where spot painted.

Still, I would recommend having the hood refinished as a whole, as I consider the hood the 'face' of the car.

If it is an edge of the hood that is burned, it may be touched up nicely.

Gus
    Technik 1

7. Quasimotor

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
    Thanks everyone for your help. I've ordered the Langka to get the blob down to size and then I'll shoot a few photos and post here for your opinions. I am gratified to know there are those of you out there who don't think I'm nuts. My wife says, 'blob, smob, wait and see if you don't throw another dent on it first."

Hmm

8. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Try Nick at Precision Auto Body in Mt. Vernon. He used to do the work for WWoC years ago before they got their own paint shop, and he is much less expensive for paint work.

The work he's done on both of my cars is miraculous. He is BY FAR the best paint guy I have ever seen, and I am super anal when it comes to my cars. He touched up some parts of my TR that even professionals have not been able to tell, and managed to match the custom Verde Scuro Metalizzatio, factory custom color on my TR - amazing results!

Precision Auto Body
    775 South 3rd Ave.
    Mt Vernon, NY
    (914) 664-7058

9. Quasimotor

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
    Just want to thank Notoboy for referring Nick Albierti at Precisione Auto Body in Mt. Vernon, NY. He was great, as were his two brothers, Carmine and Rocco. In addition to superb work, Nick's prices are incredibly affordable, and he gets personally involved with Ferrari work - lending many hours of advice, humor, experience and hard work - far beyond what money can buy. The full experience resulted in my next article for Forza, which should appear in the next ed.

10. idoc

idoc Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    Westchester,New York
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm glad you were so satisfied, I will have to check them out myself to get the scratches repaired that were CAUSED by WWOC. I didn't want to start a thread on this but if my ferrari was broken and WWOC was the last repair shop on earth, I'd drive my Ford! A word to the wise DO NOT bring any older ferrari to WWOC for repair, unless you love aggravation, want and ulcer and have and endless money supply. They do not know what they are doing and will not stand behing their work when proven wrong.

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Sweet! Can't wait for the next issue to arrive in my mailbox.