Apology | FerrariChat

Apology

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by CuernavacaMexico, Dec 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. I am sorry I scared so many with my previous post. I was in a bad place mentally. I had some "trolls" that came after me via different websites and I just lost it when I wrote that long post. They took posts from here, combined them with other posts and even started posting on my Facebook wall calling me a fraud, saying that the burglary didn't happen and a whole slew of other things.

Some tried to say it was my own fault for not having insurance and couldn't quite comprehend that sometimes the monies coming in are a lot less than what is going out and you have to make tough decisions. Some stated that they had their doubts because I was only able to get the 4 short clips. ZModo, the maker of my system, has it set to start recording based upon motion sensing. Those were the only videos because those were the only ones that uploaded to the web prior to the thieves disconnecting my Nighthawk X4S router.

The one that really bothered me the most was the attacks saying I was just trying to get money from others on here. I didn't ask for $ at all; I asked for ideas on what I could do to help my GoFundMe get to those that might help or be more successful than it was. I never posted a single link to a campaign that was accepting donations. Sure, you could have searched off the information on the first one and found it but the links I provided weren't given for that reason. I received some great advice on here that was implemented in another campaign that hasn't been successful either. Oh well.

Anyhow, the idiots that chased me from The Aviators Lounge on Facebook, to the off topic section of slickdeals and on to other websites really got to me. I really don't want to be touching a keyboard right now but felt I needed to get on here to apologize about my previous post. I am going to get off here and lay back down. It is impossible for me to enjoy computers like I once did. It is like the last time I flew an airplane has made it so I will never be the PIC again.

I don't know what I will do for a living anymore. The enthusiasm is just not there to continue working with computers nor do I have any real drive to restart my research so I could get my PhD even if I had the equipment that is needed to do the work.

Take care and thank you for the concern.

Island Time likes this.
  2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Damn the torpedoes.

You've made it this far on your journey.

You'll find ways and other ways to make what was thought to be the worst . . . the best thing that could have happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    I followed your previous posts. You should really consider following the advice of some the Fchat posters and talk to a professional counselor. Posting on forums will not help get you through this dark period of your life. We aren't counselors so any advice we give while thoughtful (and fairly decent when it comes to maintaining Ferraris).....will have little impact with what you need to sort out.

The reason that car and airplane forums won't help with what you are experiencing........ most members cannot relate to your experience. We hear it and process it in our own paradigms. A counselor tries to understand your paradigm and build on it.

If you don't take the advice....you are setting yourself up for more criticism and darkness.

TexasF355F1 and WATSON like this.
  4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Steve,

As has been said, seek professional advice, there's no shame or embarrassment in that. And if you know that there is one person that you can confide in, a family member or friend, sit down and tell them you need their ear in confidence.

We all go through tough times. I'm in the biggest rut I've felt in 10-15 years. I'm a wreck internally. As much as I'm tired of fighting and I really don't have the same hope and perseverance that I once did I keep trying to keep my faith and move forward. Every day sucks. As they say, Fake it til you Make it. Even people that know how I feel, aparently don't really understand it. I've gotten through it before so I know I will eventually. Stay away from what brings you negativity. Give up facebook unless you need it for work. It's the best thing you'll ever do.

The Holiday's ALWAYS makes things worse. Try to stay positive and stay busy. Merry Christmas. Or should I say Feliz Navidad? lol

Island Time and INRange like this.
  5. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Thieves should be hanged, like back in the good ole days.

This is funny: