Aqua Marina del Ray Apartments | FerrariChat

Aqua Marina del Ray Apartments

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jabramson, May 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Definitely not the proper forum for this but a friend on mine is having his daughter who just graduated college move down from the San Francisco area and will be living in the Aqua Marina del Ray Apartments this summer. He asked me if I could find out about this place and if I knew anyone that was familiar with it.

If any of you are, can you let me know if its safe and a nice place to live?

Thanks,

Jeff

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #2 darth550, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
    I've been here in MDR for 8 years and can't recall any crime that has stood out. The Sheriff (not LAPD) patrols here and they keep the place rather safe. Other than that, the area is well manicured, the streets are wide with sub T power poles, there's a new high end movie theater, all the shopping centers have been upgraded and we have a bunch of new restaurants coming in.

As far as the Aqua goes I bought my Marshall amp from a guy living there so it's safe to say it's a little quieter. Seriously, it's relatively new so how bad can it be? It's walking distance from grocery shopping and by the bike path if she rides. No water view though.

Good choice all around. :)

3. Nationaltec

Nationaltec Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    North County
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Jeff,

I'd do the same for my daughter... Very few sex offenders nearby considering LA stats... Check Megans law website..There's a few living in the harbor..

I've stayed in that area many times, it's really nice. I think she should be fine. Remember nothing good happens after midnight is what I tell my daughter.. Live by it...!

I also check the Arjis website for crime stats.. try this, I use it for my rental properties..

CrimeMapping.com - National Map

My daughter goes to Univ of SF next year.. I just might be calling ur buddy...!!

Good luck
    Patrick

4. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    I would suggest manhattan beach over mdr or pdr.

Or Brentwood.

5. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    MDR is a nice area. I live in Playa Vista which is literally next door, she should be fine. Lots of close local stuff and the weather is nice as well. If she needs help with local suggestions or is considering other areas, feel free to pm me on her behalf and I can answer any questions.

6. Daytona

Daytona Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    The Valley
    Full Name:
    Mikee
    Hey Jeff,

Remember tell your daughter "NO PLACE IS SAFE" MDR ia a nice area however surrounded by not so nice places. PDR and Manhattan are the same. Make sure she is aware of where to go and not go. Give me a call anytime. Hope you are doing well. Miss seeing you!

Mikee

7. FlyingAces

FlyingAces Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2011
    LA 2 Vegas
    Full Name:
    Joejoe
    Hermosa Beach has a plethora of young money professionals from college to mid 30s. Its tucked safely between Manhattan Beach & Redondo Beach. By far the best nightlife for that age group between any of the south bay beach cities extending from as south as Palos Verdes to the northern tourist trap city of Santa Monica.

8. DoctorWill

DoctorWill Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2010
    Playa Vista
    Full Name:
    Will
    I live in Marina del Rey and it's a small and safe neighborhood. I know almost all of my neighbors and don't even lock the door when I to taker a walk. The beach is very quiet because not a lot of people go there. Police patrols often in the area, you can definitely feel their presence though it's not a high crime area. the only thing is traffic....The two major freeways nearby are I-10 and I-405 which are two of the most busy freeways in America. If she plans to hangout locally, it's a very cool area.