Are Kimi and Sebastian going to appear at Ferrari Mondiali? | FerrariChat

Are Kimi and Sebastian going to appear at Ferrari Mondiali?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by MikeF, Nov 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeF

MikeF Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bloomington IN
    Full Name:
    Mike Fisher
    There have been hints that Vettel and Raikonin will be there, but there has been no official confirmation. Anyone know for sure????

2. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    #2 gatorgreg, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  3. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
  4. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Any idea what days they will run or will they do a demo every day?

5. mellowspot

mellowspot Rookie

Feb 5, 2006
    Is there a chance of a 412 T2 or any of the other mid to early 90's cars being run? I could die a happy man if that were the case..

6. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Wow. That would be cool.

7. Hobacks427

Hobacks427 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I saw that a 412 and F2004 were going to be there, with the Corse Cliente group I believe.

8. robinsm

robinsm Rookie

Mar 3, 2015
    I heard they will only be there on Sunday. Anyone know if there is a schedule of all the times and events?

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  10. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    I heard they will be there both Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

11. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    Autograph session was announced for tomorrow at 10am. Seb, Kimi, and other current Ferrari drivers.

12. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Kimi, Seb, Arrivabene and Marcchione on stage last night at the awards presentation. I think Komi got the most applause and cheering of the bunch. Perhaps everyone was amazed at how much he spoke! I might have heard more from him last night than during the rest of the season.

13. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I heard it was a joke. One person got an autograph on his owners Manuel. Then they left. Did not matter to me as the entire event was simply the best event of its type I have ever attended. What is it about autograph seekers anyway?

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I entered the Fan Zone gate as soon as it opened at 9:00 and headed straight for the stage where the autograph tables were set up, so I was near the front of the line. A sign indicated that Seb and Kimi (and the current GT drivers) were going to be signing from 10:30 to 11:00.

A separate line was formed for those waiting for an earlier session from 10:00 to 10:30 which included Rusty Wallace (driving a Challenge car this weekend) and the winning drivers from the 1998 winning car: Baldi, Luyendyk and Theys, as well as Max Papis.

To the organizers' credit, they did stick to the schedule. The first session did begin at 10:00 and everyone on line was taken care of in time. Then the drivers switched and our line headed up the ramp precisely at 10:30. Meanwhile, those not on line were standing on nearby tables to get whatever shots that they could. When I left the area, the line looked too long for a 30-minute session, so some people must have been disappointed.

15. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    The joke was that we waited an hour + in the VIP area in the tower for them to show up and give a few autographs, then they left quickly after answering a few lame questions. Two folks got signatures that I saw, one on the way out.

Then they went to the "fan zone" and we had to compete with hundreds of folks who paid $10 or so to get in the garage area.

I think for the premium price we paid, we should have been given more consideration.

But it was a fantastic event!

I spend most of Sunday in the garages and the pits right on the track up close and personal with the F1's and all the other cars and drivers! Got some great pics and videos to post later.

It was run by Italians, so no chance it would turn out perfect, right?
    Alden

17. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Good thing both Kimi and Seb were sitting next to me at breakfast! :)

18. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    I'm not a your typical autograph seeker, actually I've never sought an autograph. I didn't go to the "autograph session".

But when Kimi was near the F1 cars I couldn't help myself, I jumped the wall and asked him to sign my T shirt. It wasn't just any T shirt but one commemorating the his 2007 world championship. He actually gave me a slight smile when I told him what shirt it was. Made my day!!!

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. Don't think I can wash it, afraid it ink will come off. May try to air it out and frame it.

19. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I thought it was a superb event. Thanks to the Scuderia Ferrari club Philly for getting the all access pass accepted by Ferrari. we spend much of Thursday in the FXX hospitality area, great coffee and cookies or dolci... Friday and Saturday were just as great. FOA was excellent as usual, and kudo's to the FOA team for getting Tom Sharps car turned around over night ... and he made the race. I spend most of the Clienti time down in the hot pits, standing on Pit road, never had any issues. the mechanics were great, and friendly. Only one slight nervous moment On Thursday during the 2nd Clienti run, standing at the exit of the banking, the driver of the 2002 F-1 car started to weave pretty hard ... for a moment I thought - ouch, he's heading right towards us.... It must have been a head wind as it was blowing pretty strong. Marc Gene was saying that the F-1 cars were doing 330KPH... so about 200MPH... pretty fast for private owners!!!

as for managed by Italians, I get it, but overall it was a very smooth event. and some of the rarest Ferrari's ever were there. 62GTO, 330P3-4, 250 LM, 250 SWB, etc... F-40's and 288 GTO's were plentiful, and La Ferrari & Enzo's were a dime a dozen. I counted 21 LaF's out there... where else would you see them just cruising the streets of the USA???

Glad we made the event!

20. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    #20 Matt LaMotte, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name: