Are seat mounts identical in 308s and 328s? | FerrariChat

Are seat mounts identical in 308s and 328s?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Auraraptor, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Just wondering, I have not been able to get a straight answer. (I have one yes and 2 nos :p)

2. wolftalk

wolftalk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    san franciso area
    Full Name:
    phil
    not sure exactly what you want, but the mechanisms (rails and lever to release the lock) between the two above are different.

when modifying the 308 to allow the seat to slide further forward, it was necessary to cut some metal off the rail.

on the 328, the stop was simply an L-shaped hunk of metal under one to the front rail bolts, and it could be flipped around to allow the seat more travel (at the expense of the upper rail hitting the carpet/mat)

if you mean would they bolt up to the same holes in the floorpan, I don't know.
    if you need a measurement, I can get you the numbers for the 328 and eventually for the 308.

phil

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    yes, exactly. Cobra seats has an adaptor that works using the 308 holes, but not one using the 328 holes. I was wondering, since so much is the same between the 2 cars, if it is the same.

That would be incredibly helpful. I would do it myself, but my car is in the shop right now and will not be back for a while yet. :(

4. wolftalk

wolftalk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    san franciso area
    Full Name:
    phil
    ok, the following are with the seat still in the car, so there may be a little error:

rail length: 39.5cm
    distance from front of rail to center of front hole: 2.25cm
    distance from back of rail to center of rear hole: 5.75cm
    distance between centers of holes along one rail: 31.5cm

distance between centers of front holes: 36cm

didn't get a measure of the distance between centers of the rear holes...couldn't move seat far enough forward. obviously, though, the two rails need to be parallel, so it should be 36cm :)

oh, and one more number just in case rail length is an issue:

distance from center of front hole to edge of raised section of floorpan: 4.5cm.

at the time I was re-covering the 308 seats, I pulled the 328 passenger seat and stuck it in the 308 so it could be driven. I seem to recall that I could not put all 4 bolts in because the holes did not line up. my guess would be the distance between the holes on a rail was different, but I did that over a year ago (and I can't remember much about last week...)

if the measurements are critical...like you are planning on spending some bucks to order something, I can pull a seat and double-check.

phil