Are we going to be nuked at election time? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Are we going to be nuked at election time?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by kdross, Mar 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Come on Charles! ALL Arabs want the destruction of Israel? What a simple-minded generalization!

edit - important clarification: Not calling you "simple-minded" Charles; referring to the sweeping generalization.

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    At least we agree on something!

I find it best to keep a cool head, for the most part, because I VALUE other people's opinions regardless of whether I think they are "right" or "wrong".

I think F-chat is one of the best online communities available to discuss these types of differences. Potato-PoTahto, Gayardo, Gallardo. Right?

3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Bob, I am sorry that you have taken what I said as an insult, maybe it came across that way. Nevertheless, Blix said LAST NIGHT on Bill O'Reilly ( before you say it, I also think he's TOO full of himself) that HE believed WMDs were around as recently as late '02 and I stand by the "hate america" comment because Blix has all along been bad-mouthing us in a back-handed way since Clinton left office. Now WHERE do you think his politcs are? Blix has NO backbone because he LET Saddam stall, and tell the UN inspectors to get lost. That is FACT.

Presidents brief legislators ALL the time when it comes to issues like this and you are obfuscating the FACT that the dem leaders AGREED that this was the RIGHT thing to do, WMDs WERE there and when "Slick Willy" was in office they stood next to him and said yeah, yeah we need to go after Saddam, we need regime change ( to quote Tom Daschle) but NOW it's election time they change their tune.

Sorry to offend you. I did not mean to. BTW, I AM as intelligent as I think I am!! LOL

4. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    Thanks for clarifying you statements.

Best,

Bob

5. kdross

kdross Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Auraraptor:

After rereading my post, I have to admit that I was not clear in my statement. I meant that all muslim middle eastern males who are here illegally, especially the ones on expired student visas, should have been deported. I have no problem with anyone who is here in the USA who works hard and contributes to our country in a postive way. Sorry that I was not clear on this issues. If you still believe that I do not like people from the middle east, then you are free to discuss this issue with my wife who is from Jordan.

Ken

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Ken, no worries, as you probably can imagine, it sparked rapid emotion in me. No hard feelings.
    I hope you have visited or will get to visit Jordan soon, as its a wonderful place. Petra is just plain cool, esp. if you are an Indiana Jones buff. Just don't do my mistake of going in summer! ;)

7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    With narry a negative word from the US government--who at the time was supporting Saddam in his war with Iran.

Bush is really evil. You convinced me.

The real question is why we (USoA) is allowed to have all the WMDs necessary to destroy every living thing on this planet many times over, and nobody else gets to say anything about it?

Should we not pull the WMDs our of our own eye before pulling the splinter out of our neighbor's eye?

8. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The real number is around 25 and growing at the rate of 2.5 per year

If we had invested half as much nation building money in Palestine from 1950 through 1990 as we did in Isreal the Palestinean problem would have been history 20 years ago.

9. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I am not even touching that one...:p

10. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Mitch, I can only assume that you like the intellectual exercise and enjoy the discourse and do NOT really believe SOME of what you say. We are allowed to have the arms because, as I stated awhile back, the United States is a country of liberators, not of enslavers and imperialists. We have had the power, ability and resources time and time again in the last 50+ years to use our power incorrectly yet we have not. If we wanted to arbitrarily bring about death and destruction and RULE the world we could have already, especially after the fall of the paper Soviet bear.

We are responsible enough to have these weapons, we have not used them since 1945, we abide by our treaties and agreements to protect our allies (NATO) so therefore, in my eyes, we are responsible enough, along with Britain, France and others to have them. The same cannot be said of these Middle Eastern countries. BTW, Israel has plenty and as crazy as many think they are they have not used them either, despite innumerable provocations to do so.

11. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan

12. ART360

ART360 Guest

How did the Israelis get the bomb? I've heard they stole the material from us. Rumour is that they bought the freighter that brought the spent nuclear material back Europe to the US for reprocessing. Bought an identical boat, put the same name on it, then sunk the twin, claimed the nuclear fuel went down, brought the material to Israel, and that started their program. Done in the late 50s, early 60s. The boats were liberty ships, identical.

Art

13. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I am in Israel at this moment. Art: Maybe I should ask someone ?

Ciao
    Ralph
    Hadera, Israel

14. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J

I heard the same thing Art.

15. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    the money still there to use, that's why ARAFAT is listed int he FORBES 400

16. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Bullseye!!!!!

17. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    mitch, i guess the subtle phrase was lost on you again. clear the red mist and re-read my lines you quoted.

you are another candidate for taking a trip to a non-democratic or despotic country. you have no concept what evil is if you attach that moniker to gwb. get out a little and look past the new york times version of the world. you just might learn something.

18. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Thanks HMS, I'm glad someone read that 5 pages or so ago!

19. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I don't think they'd tell you Ralph - I think the "official" policy is to neither acknowledge nor deny the existence of the nukes.

Have a safe trip back to Houston.

Regards,
    Joe

20. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Joe you are correct. Outstanding weather.

Thanks
    Joe

21. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    No problem...I think 5-10 years from now, the WAR ON TERROR will make sense to everyone in this country. I really could careless what europe or any other nation thinks on how we defend ourselves against these cowards who hide bombs in trains and fly planes into buildings. Blunt force is the only language these animals understand. This is what I like about Bush. Call him a cowboy or whatever, he is doing something about the problem. The last guy ignored every intel briefing on A.Q. and let Bin Laden plot and plan the murder of 3,000 Americans because he didn't want to offend the Afgani government...thanksl,3K of you'r people paid for you'r cowerdness. Iraq was a must also. That tyrant has been thumbing his nose at us for over a decade. Playing games and lying to the world on a daily basis. Does he have WMD's.???who knows. I really don't care. After 9/11 all the rules have been rewritten. The presdident of this country must act on any and all possible threats that these animals could present to us. In Iraq, we took the fight to the enemy's own turf. Iran and Syria and a few other terror harboring nations are now on notice. I think these guys will think twice now that we've parked 150K troops and heavy weapons in their backyard. I just hope Bush gets re-elected so we can continue the fight against these animals. It will be a joyfull day for every terrorist if Kerry is elected.

22. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Does any other country invest in Palestinians however ?

And.....Saddam Hussein's payments to the families of homicide bombers do not count.

23. ART360

ART360 Guest

Israel has no weapons. They do have all the components, and they'll assemble them if they think they need them. They can say with all the truth that they don't have the weapons, and they're right. Could have them within a few minutes if they feel the necessity to use them.

In 73, when it looked like they were going to lose, they started to assemble them at Dimona (sp). A US SR71 was over Israel at about 100,000+ and was monitoring their communications. The pilot intercepted the communication to shoot him down, but their equipment was such that they couldn't. That's how we know about the assembly issue. SR71 pilot, some years later, after he was out of the service, started talking about it to his aviation buddies, and the story got out.

Art

24. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    SR 71 is a photo bird. It is not a comm bird. Maybe the story got twisted a
    little ? Talking and listening birds are usually loaded with antennas.

25. ART360

ART360 Guest

Some of the SR71s had the equipment. They used them when they had to, i.e., over places that could shoot something down under 80,000 feet, like China, Russia, Israel, etc. I heard this from a very, very good source.

Art