Are You attending a 2019 Formula 1 Race??? I Need Your Help. | FerrariChat

Are You attending a 2019 Formula 1 Race??? I Need Your Help.

Discussion in 'F1' started by BOKE, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    2018 was the first year I have not attended an F1 race since 2012. If I do in 2019 I'll reach out.

BOKE likes this.
  3. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Who's going to Baku??? Shanghai??? Anyone????

4. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    First and only race I've attended was the 2nd year at COTA, which was the last year of the V8's. It was fun and all, but I'd much rather watch any race on TV. Only exceptions would be Monaco because it's Monaco, and Spa, because MF'ing Spa.

william likes this.
  5. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    My last time attending a F1 race was at Spa, the year that Kimi became world champion with Ferrari, 2007. Didn't see too much of the race though, my grandstand was packed with crazy Finnish blond girls... :D
    As long as the halo-toilet seat is not abandoned, I don't intend to pay a ticket to go watch ugliness. Together with all the FIA rubbish, tricks, DRS, tyreshit , it all became more ridiculous than the funniest circus. Can't take this serious any longer.

daytona355 and william like this.
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I first attended a GP in 1961 at Spa (Phil Hill won) and went to 3 or 4 GPs every year for about 30 years when living on the continent.
    I saw several French GPs at Paul Ricard and Magny Cours, many Belgian GPs at Spa, Nivelles and Zolder, the German GP in the old Nurburgring and Hockenheim, one Italian GP at Monza, one Dutch GP, and a Swedish GP too, etc ....
    I gradually stopped going when TV coverage got better, and the internet also allowed me to follow a race better than at the track, IMO.
    With age creeping, the cost of tickets being ludicrous and my return in UK, I contented going just to Silverstone, but even gave that up.
    I will follow F1 for the rest of my life, I am sure, but I refuse to spend a penny on it, as it has become to commercial for my taste.
    I cannot say the show got better though; it's very complex now, and too sanitised for me.
    The best years were the 60s.

Sharknose, nsxrebel and Isobel like this.
  7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    My rule now a days is that I only go with the Paddock club & as a sponsor guest.... usually get invited to a couple of races.. sadly not with Ferrari though. Attending an F-1 race with the crowds and poor viewing is pretty useless if you ask me. You don't even get good sound. Its WAY better on TV. the exceptions are:
    Monaco for parties - terrible to watch the race
    Monza is just spectacular no matter when...
    Spa - rustic and the closest to old F-1 ... and you can see some impressive speed... but its a hike.

Have not been back to Sliverstone in a long time... but from what I see you are kept way back from the action... in any event paddock club is the way to go. ( I'm not being elitist - but its the only way you ever get close to the cars and drivers... sadly.)

8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That's my main gripe; they don't allow spectators to move to different places during the GP weekend as they used too.

Up to 30 years ago, I used to attend GP without a grandstand ticket, but walk around the track as much as allowed.

That way, I could look for the best viewing spots and watch practice, qualifs and the race from different locations.

Circuits don't allow that in our days, and want to park spectators in stands for them to stay on the same spot all weekend.

Not for me !!!

Sharknose and Jakuzzi like this.
  9. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    COTA lets you walk around, idk about other tracks.

10. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Totally agree. you can still walk around Monza, and Barcelona and Spa, but you are in likely to see much other than a glimpse of cars. At most GP's - Monaco is the exception to a point, the entire track is surrounded by bill board walls, unless there is a grand stand there. I know they want to maximize TV revenue, but you could always place the signage above people and give them stand room views at different corners... Paddy McNally started all that back in the late 80s.

I remember from 88 to 89 the spots for photographers were drastically reduced, and it was more and more difficult to get around the track because of the signage. then in 1990, FIA started with the whole accredited journalist outlets, and surrendering your rights to your pictures in exchange for getting an FIA credential, we did it for 2 more years and then my dad said this is crazy and not financially viable so we stopped. ( I was able to use my FIA pass for an other season at most all tracks ... )

At COTA you can walk around the track - but the actual views of the hot track are pretty limited. I do like the motor home parking along the straight. that is nice. I whish they would open up all the infield for pedestrians only that would make for some good viewing.

At Monza - when I used to go, in the forest everyone used to block off their section using tape, or police tape - warning tape... so you could never really get up close to the track unless you were part of the spectators who were camping there. kind of in fair. The police used to scour the track just about an hour before the race and had these really mean dogs... and you had to be careful of not stepping in dog poo... which I did a couple of times, and the cops just thought that was hilarious....

william likes this.
  11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I remember walking to different places on the Nordschleife at the Nurburgring during the week end, and the same at Spa. In fact, we used to spend the whole weekend at the track, sleeping in the car! People used to have barbecue in the evening, etc ... I watched one Belgian GP from the café that used to stand at La Source one year (they demolished it since).
    No chance of that at Silverstone though! There, you need binoculars to see the cars, and it's crowded everywhere.
    There was a bucolic atmosphere in following F1 many years ago that has been completely lost.

12. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    The note is on its way to the AGP and will be in @jmillard308 hands today.

Is anybody going to Baku??? I haven't found anyone attending that will bring the note.

There still are ten races not covered. If you have race tickets, please take the note. Here it is at its last stop in Colorado with @Gle8 place.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Last year I attended the Italian Gran Prix, but this year I'm still undecided which ones I will go.

I would love to go to Monaco but I think it's too late to get a package.

I plan to go at least to Hockenheim and Spielberg.

14. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Completely agree.
    Will be attending the Monaco GP this year, and getting out on the tarmac at Spa for the Classic in something old and interesting. Spa is simply stunning to circulate

15. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    That's the end of the note then !!!

He'll cash it in and buy me a drink :p
    We Aussies "hate" a beer :D

BOKE likes this.
  16. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    If that note turns into a round of beers for the Aussie contingent at the AGP it was very well spent, John!!!

Get @Aircon a beer on me too!!! Oh wait, that's right, Peter is permabanned from the F1 forums. LMAO!!!

I really wish I could have made it to the race this year.

17. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    We're fine for beer mate, we make it here now .... took us a while to work it out but all good now :p

Peter loves the F1 section, he's a converted LH fanboy now :p

BOKE likes this.
  18. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    I noticed that @Aircon Peter started his own F1 thread in the Aussie section. LOL Exile F1 Thread

19. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    No no no, it's just a general discussion re Ferrari rather than all the other stuff we're not interested in ...... like who's wearing pom poms on their shoes :p

20. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
  21. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
  22. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Sharknose likes this.
  23. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Come on. Who has GP tickets?????

24. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Anybody?????

25. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    One Hundred Trillion Dollars, looking good in Montreal. (Special thanks to Seb for participating in the photo)

Attached Files:

jcurry likes this.