Are You attending a 2019 Formula 1 Race??? I Need Your Help. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Are You attending a 2019 Formula 1 Race??? I Need Your Help.

Discussion in 'F1' started by BOKE, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    1 Million percent agree! The best way to see F- 1 cars in action is to see them close and in different corners & situations. You have not experienced F-1 unless you are just inches away and a car blowing past you at 195MPH screaming along.... even in the Turbo days they were impressive ... Atmo engines were amazing. probably the two best F-1 experiences were standing trackside just down from Lesmo 2 at Monza just as they turn do down under the banking... in 1990 - 93 those cars were absolutely amazing. The other experience that was crazy was at Detroit in 1987 - there was a part of the track that was a short schute, left hander as they gained speed... as a Photographer you could get right next to the guardrail with a huge cut out so no fencing ... and the cars would come by so close - you could if you wanted to touch one.. as a matter of fact on Saturday Morning Photo brief the FIA changed the distance you could stand from those cut outs because Ferrari complained that a photographer's lens hit the rear wing of the car. I saw the lens.. not much of that & the camera left!

that does not happen at all any morel the last time I had an FIA credential was back in 1996, and you could go track side, but it was limited to corners where the FIA said you could take pictures and then some track side behind fencing. today you are limited to "photographic areas of interest"... & all your pictures are property of FOM the second you snap the shutter.

2. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Frankly Monaco as a race is a waste of time. For a party its cool. I guess you have to go once in your life, but if you want to see a good race I'd say Spa, or perhaps Paul Ricard. ( Have not been back to Paul Ricard since I last raced there my self in 91. ) so don't know the viewing ... but its a great area.. and awesome food if you stay in Bandol - Toulon area.

3. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    In Montreal this past weekend you could hear the Ferrari Challenge cars and the Porsche GT3 Cup cars from anywhere on the Circuit. Could only hear the F1 cars as they went past.

Agree on the different corners and situations. Entering (decelerating) and exiting (accelerating) corners are two different experiences, especially after a long straight. Mid-to-late straight @ max speed is also unique, but fleeting and doesn't provide a sense of how the race unless you happen to catch a pass.

4. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    My wife just bought us tickets for Austin Tx in November.
    LMK if I can help.