Ares Design to Offer GTO-Inspired coachwork for Ferrari F12 and 812S | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ares Design to Offer GTO-Inspired coachwork for Ferrari F12 and 812S

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by bbs911, Sep 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    So, just to be clear, you're saying you don't like it?:D

Garretto, Adamas, KenU and 1 other person like this.
  2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Well, I would say no, it’s not my taste. Anyone can take a beautiful woman and change her hair color and give her coloured contacts.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  3. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Does she still cook and iron though ??!!! Ooooops !!!!!! :) :) :)

crinoid likes this.
  4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    You don't like it, then? :D

crinoid likes this.
  5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ahahah

crinoid likes this.
  6. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Originality will always decrease with evolution...

7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Dave this isn’t an evolution in any way. It’s a regurgutation.

Garretto likes this.
  8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Ugly as sin! Resembles something between a TVR and a Mitsuoka. Retro design is a bad idea when it comes to state of the art machinery.

Sims123 likes this.
  9. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    I like it!

10. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    These are the same guys who want to build Pantera and 412 remakes... The execution of the idea is not bad, but I'd say that originality is not their strenght.

11. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I have just 3 words to describe this:

OY!!!

12. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    Ugly? No. I’d hardly describe it as ugly. In fact i rather like it and I’d say i find this design to be more appealing right off the bat that the current 812. The 812 is a looker....after you get used to the lines that bother you (me). And even then there are some angles at the rear that still leave me questioning what the thinking was behind it. This concept on the other hand doesn’t fight my eyes in that way at all. It doesnt feel clumsy or overwrought with creases and design flourishes (ala 812). Each design element seems to traceable to either the original GTO or the donor F12/812 car.

I like this thing. It’s biggest drawback (to me) is that it isn’t a factory effort. Had this thing been unveiled in the flesh pretty much as it is I’d wager more than a few of its detractors might warm to it or out right love it. Ferrari has thrown ‘traditions’ out the window long ago. If it was ‘tradition’ to never use ‘retro’ styling for future models then surely that rule can go the way of “we will never make an SUV/4 door vehicle”.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Automoblog and nmcclure like this.
  13. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    My statement was general, not applying to this.

crinoid likes this.
  14. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I like the design, but I think the timing is poor. Ferrari just announced with the Monzas, the Icona line. To my understanding, the Icona line will be Ferraris way of "reinterpreting" their old cars and I'll bet money the 250 GTO is already on some designer's table waiting for the green light. I don't think Ferrari will allow someone else a shot at lining their pockets on something based off, arguably, the most important & iconic Ferrari of all time. It will not surprise if Ferrari makes an attempt to block Ares from bringing any customer cars to light before they introduce a "new" 250 GTO-inspired car of their own; they know it will be an easy $2 million+ sold-out-immediately car.

ewright and Garretto like this.
  15. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    looks beautiful imo

16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    That's not a 3.0L with a two hundred some horsepower engine in an F12/812. IMO there is not enough cooling air going into that engine bay for a hot day in traffic. Looks like about a third of what it needs to be reliable based on the standard design. If you are that enamored by the 250 GTO then just buy one of the decent copies. The rear on that thing is almost as bad as the 812 - almost.

17. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I see no inspiration, no re-interpretation, just a straight, childish copy of the GTO lines.

As it's been said, there have been some interesting concepts over time, and when/if Ferrari take their go at the GTO, I'm sure it will/would be a thoroughly studied and clever design.

KenU likes this.