Arkansas? | FerrariChat

Arkansas?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by larrymz3, Jun 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. larrymz3

larrymz3 Karting

May 29, 2005
    Any enthusiasts in or around the Little Rock, Arkansas area? If so, drop me a pm!

2. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    You have been PMed.

3. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    Enjoed meeting you and your wife yesterday. Your 355 looks great! I failed to get your telephone #. Give me a call as I STILL can not get this PM deal down. BRUCE

4. iwaheed

iwaheed Rookie

Nov 4, 2004
    I live 30 miles south of Little Rock, I own a 2005 Porsche Carrera S. A colleague of mine who lives in LR but works in Pine Bluff owns a 360 with a Novitec wing and Stadale stripes. You may see him around Little Rock. Nice to know there are some enthusiasts around,
    Imran

5. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    What color is your buddy's 360? Is he/she a member of F-chat? Larrymz3 and I (Arkferrari) would like to hear from other central AR owners.

6. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Hello All!
    I live in LR,
    and am still working on my 308 restoration.

7. larrymz3

larrymz3 Karting

May 29, 2005
    There was another thread where a poster mentioned there was an F40 in LR (VERY suspect), as well as 360's, 575's, etc. He went on to say he thought there was an Enzo in El Dorado (HAHAH!).

I dunno Bruce, from what I've seen, your car, the 550 down by the river, Jenning's Osbornes wifes 328, a 360 owned by a doctor I know from Pine Bluff who comes to town occassionally, and my car, I have not see a single other F car here around. At least driving!! I know Steve Patterson (the guy who used to own Leisure Arts) had a BUNCH of nice cars (he lived down the street from me). Had the lifts in his garage and all. He had a few Ferrari's, but, I can't recall the models. He was more into MB's from what I remember. He has since retired and moved.

Maybe we should try and put together some type of central Arkansas get together for F cars (well... any other car could be invited as well). That would be awesome. Maybe dinner then a ride/photo opp?

Larry

8. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    I tried to put together a get together a couple of times but no one really showed any interest.
    I had a list of owners that I got from BBC in NLR some time back
    but I hadn't done anything with it since Russ's 308 burned a while back.

I think the Porsche club is a little more active here.

By the way, not only is there an F-40 here,
    but also an original Ford GT 40 in Maumelle that Dale Hurley takes care of.
    I don't know of an Enzo in El Dorado, but there is a lot of money there,
    so anything is possible.

9. larrymz3

larrymz3 Karting

May 29, 2005
    Mental note to self - NEVER use BBC. As far as I am concerned, it is no ones business who I am or what I drive. I would be ROYALLY pissed off if BBC gave out any personal info on me. Not that you have anything but good intentions, but, you never know about others. Mr. Criminal could approach them 'oh hi, I'm putting together a list of Ferrari owners for a get together. Can you get me their names'? BBC would basically be providing a nice, easy burglary shopping list...

Just knowing that, I am going to recommend all of my friends with Porsches, MB's, etc. to NOT use BBC.

10. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    These were all people that I had met before,
    and they were all notified and asked for permission before I was given contact info.

11. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    I got a list from the state mental hospital that warns of crackpots in Little Rock who post messages on bulletin boards claiming to own 308GTBs. What's up with that???!!!

12. larrymz3

larrymz3 Karting

May 29, 2005
    Oh man, that's good! HAHAH!

I dunno if I'd go that far, but, seriously, the whole BBC thing reeks like a Burmese whorehouse. I would not care if they 'had permission' or not, they should not be giving out peoples personal contact info. That's just bad business and will (hopefully) bite them in the ass.

13. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Your right, I'm caught, I'm really an 18 year old one armed stalker, and I was hoping to snag a Ferrari with an auto tranny from one of you rich doctor types out there by underhanded means.

So if someone that all parties knew well called you and said,
    hey Joe is putting together an F1 party and wanted to invite you,
    is it alright if I give him your phone number.
    And you replied, sure, we traded cars at the track and had a great time but we never got around to exchanging phone numbers, go ahead.

You would then be pissed that they gave me your number after you said give it?

Before you wish Ill on somebody you should probably know...
    as Paul Harvey puts it, The Rest Of The Story!

14. larrymz3

larrymz3 Karting

May 29, 2005
    I dont think anyone was questioning you personally. I think that previous poster was just joking.

My contention on the BBC thing is this. I do not think it is appropriate to share personal contact information...either solicited or non.

In your example, I would say that the best practice would be for BBC to contact the customer themselves and say 'John Doe has advised us that he is planning a get together. If you are interested, you can call him at xxx-xxxx.' That way if the owner wants to he can contact you... if not, he is not inconvenienced nor is his privacy compromised.

I'm not faulting you at all - I think it is BBC at fault.

As a sidenote, I've also heard several independent reports that the owner is a genuine prick, so, based on that 'merit' alone, I would be loathe to deal with them.

15. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones

I visited Horsefly just the other day, we had worked together for just over 10 years, before I was paroled. He is still there making licenses plates.

16. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    Count me in! Larry, you know how to reach me. Who knows....maybe BBC can reach me too???? If the F-40 resides in Arkansas, let your presence be known.

17. larrymz3

larrymz3 Karting

May 29, 2005
    The F40 was owned by Steve Patterson from Leisure Arts. He moved out of LR about 2 or 3 years ago.

I can't seem to find enough F car folks to get something together. I have seen all of these posts about 'the so and so car in LR', but, I have neither seen the vehicle in question, nor do I know anyone who can verify them. It's funny, reading all the above posts one would think that LR was rife with Ferrari's...sadly, this does not appear to be the case.

Perhaps BBC knows something that we don't! hahaha.

I know they handle a few Lotus and Porsche (well... not alot...the 2 or 3 Lotii, and probably the same # of Porsches since Perfection Plus are known as the local experts). From what folks tell me, BBC makes their money primarily by work on older Jag and Range Rovers.

Anyways, I digressed. If anyone wanted to help me put something together and advertise it, perhaps we could get some folks...Ferrari or not.

18. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    BBC got into the Jags and Rovers after Steve left to do his own Porsche thing, and hired a couple of guys from British Cars of LR, which was a smart move, as after British Cars changed hands, they also changed their policy to not service vehicles over 5 years old.
    I have been servicing my own Range Rover ever since.

As far as all the other exotics in town, well they are here,
    but the attitude of the owners in most cases are well,
    similar to your earlier response... "it is no ones business who I am or what I drive"...

19. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    I lived in LR for 20 years. When we moved there the Wilbur Mills freeway ended just past University Ave. Hard to imagine now.

My brother lives in LR and would probably get togethor for a drive if you'll organize one. He has a Viper rather then a Ferrari though....

20. aerodramatics

aerodramatics Rookie

May 10, 2005
    I'd love to get together on a run or meet for dinner although I don't have an F-Car as of yet (I have a Jaguar XJR, 2 Miatas and an old VW GTI and a Viper on order).

There is a prominent "Insurance" guy in Conway that has a baby blue Aston Vantage DB7 (you probably know him...his name is a bit "strange" haha).

I have seen a red 360 on the 430 going South as well as a red 355 at Barnes and Noble near the Shackleford/Markham exit on 430.

Riverside Mercedes has had a red TR in there and a yellow 348 getting work done in the body shop when I have been in there before.

21. TestaRoasta

TestaRoasta Formula Junior

May 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Logan
    Only guy here I've talked to is Larry, but I'd like to meet everyone else in the Rock.

22. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    As many of you know, Ferrari's have been a passion of mine for a long time, I rarely miss Concourso Italiano or Cavallino......... They are great events.

This last year, after many gracious invitations from John and Franco, I was able to attend Ferrari French Quarter Classic and I truly think it is the best event in the US right now for those individuals that want to actually DRIVE a Ferrari as it was meant to be driven...

In the same vain as Ferrari French Quarter Classic, I want to share one of the biggest secrets in performance car community.... Northwest Arkansas, in this case, Eureka Springs www.eurekasprings.com.

The roads around Eureka Springs Arkansas have list in Road and Track as having 2 of the 10 drives anywhere in North America.

I was fortunate enough to spend part of my youth growing up in this area and I know theses roads better than most...

On Thursday, September 15th, 2005 we are going to have an invitational Ferrari event that will start on Thursday afternoon with a reception at the Crescent Hotel www.crescenthotel.com , our host hotel. This hotel was built in 1886 and is truly a castle in the Ozark Mountains.

On Friday morning, September 16th, we will leave out around 9AM for a 2 hour drive on some of the most breathtaking and challenging roads you will ever experience. These roads are smooth, wide with just the right combination of straights and EXTREMELY tight curve sections.

Friday we will end the first leg of our drive at a local winery and restaurant, after lunch we will continue our tour by taking a high altitude tour back to Eureka Springs and the Crescent.

Friday night we will relax, as in no suits, no ties, just a casual dinner at the Crescent....

Saturday morning, September 17th we will get up and take a short tour to War Eagle Mill www.wareaglemill.com for breakfast on the top floor of this 1800's grist mill. After breakfast we will return to Eureka Springs downtown are for reserved parking so that you can enjoy the many shops and restaurants in this historic city.

Saturday afternoon you may want to have lunch on the train, go to www.esnarailway.com for details!

Saturday night we will go to a local ranch for music, dinner and a hayride.

Sunday morning, September 18th, we will leave again around 9am for a 30 minute cruise to Pea Ridge Military Park for an interesting and historic view of the most important Civil War battlefield west of the Mississippi.

By noon on Sunday, you will be free to start your journey back home.

Cavallino, Concourso and the Ferrari French Quarter Classics are the best Ferrari events in North America right now, and given the opportunity I would not miss any of those events, but for those individuals that truly want to drive their Ferrari the way it was meant to be driven, you will not want to be anywhere but in Eureka Springs in September 2005!

The deadline for registration is August 15th, please contact the Cresent Hotel to make reservations, You have to tell them you are with the Ferrari Club to get our special rates. No rooms can be guaranteed after August 15th, 2005.

We are limiting attendance to 30 cars, for more information or consideration please email me, [email protected]

Chris Parr
    Ferrari Club of America
    Kansas City Chapter Director

23. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    Chris, you are correct about the fantastic roads OUTSIDE of Eureka Springs city limits. The narrow, cobblestone, pot-filled downtown city streets are NOT, I repeat NOT Ferrari friendly. And this does not take into consideration the steep sharp turns that will scar your front spoiler and undercarraige plate; guaranteed! Sure, you can avoid the downtown area and enjoy the countryside but to get up the hill to the Crescent you have to pass through some of downtown and the speed bumps. I would love to join you in September but I am hesitant to subject the love of my life to such dangers. I hope you have firm arrangements for "reserved parking" as parking is a whole other issue.

24. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    If you you use a little common sense, Eureka is not bad, I have taken my 355 there, taking the F40 there this weekend.. ( I grew up in Rogers, so I have been there hundreds of times)

25. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    Good Luck! Enjoy!