News

Aston Martin DBX (Aston's New SUV)

Discussion in 'British' started by Astrid.Didier, Nov 19, 2019.

1. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    Very glad to hear such a positive testimonial.

It was distressing to watch AM when they tanked. AMGDF hit some low points in March, but I'm happy the strength of the brand garnered enough attention to bring in Stroll. Since then, at least the stock market has responded well to the perceived stability, the DBX roll out and sales potential, which bodes well for AM's ability to sustain some growth.

Fingers crossed.
    - Art

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    I test drove one a while ago.. .very nice ride, really flows well.
    I agree with some... it's somehow pointless. electronics suck as do some nice-to-have for a premium car (no soft close, massage seats etc).

4. tamiami

tamiami Karting

Mar 14, 2007
    I drove the DBX in November and ordered one. Good looks, ride, handling and power. The base price was announced then to be under 180 and not sure what my number is because of a last minute change in spec. Hope to get it in March. Obligatory pics soon after.

5. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I live in an area where it's not unusual to see the Bentley SUV, the Lambo version, and the Taycan, amongst others. Although the Taycan isn't a truck, it is pretty pricey for the brag factor involved. Seeing it in person, though, it's a pretty cool car.

It's still beyond me why someone would want to pay that much for an SUV, but there is a market, and their drivers undoubtedly enjoy the one-off personalized experience in the SUV like they do in their sedans ands sports cars. I'm too practical, and have a Macan S I may just re-badge with some AM wings lol. I am loosely shopping for a Vantage (2016 model, not a new one) now that I know how to drive their Sportshift II.

6. BJK

BJK Formula 3

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    WilliamB likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. tamiami

tamiami Karting

Mar 14, 2007
    ryalex likes this.
  9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    The DBX exists to save Aston Martin Lagonda through American tax incentives. ;)

SUVs like this with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of over 6,000lbs qualify for a first year tax deduction for a business owner, up to 100% of the entire price in some circumstances. A DBX buyer can take a massive deduction on their taxes in the year they buy it, even if it is financed for longer than that.

Note this is not the actual weight but a theoretically cargo-loaded weight - Cayenne, Urus and other crossover-sized vehicles qualify. Even some heavy sedans.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  10. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Pawilly

Pawilly Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    This from "The Smoking Tire":