Atlanta Concours d'Elegance | FerrariChat

Atlanta Concours d'Elegance

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Sep 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    It's this weekend at Chateau Elan. Is anyone here going?

2. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    I went. it was okay. only a 308 GT4 on the green. Lotus of old stuff like Auburn, Dusenburg, Simplex and other brass era cars. 30 bucks admission was a bit salty but it was still a nice event.

3. JaguarDriver

JaguarDriver Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Dick Maury
    The "Club Day" was on Saturday with a variety of cars. The Concours was Sunday. About 140 cars entered. Cut off year is late 70's. I was judging. One of my classes were 3 Mercedes 300SLs. The other class included Ivan Ruiz and his black Ghibli. Good show overall and a good increase in cars and attendance from last year.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'd attended the first two Concours and had enjoyed them, but after my long trip to NY for the FCA meet, I wanted to take a weekend off and the hot weather forecast made me decide to skip it. I figured Ivan would be there with one of his cars. I'll probably go back next year.

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    You judged with Jim Robert's from over here in Birmingham?

6. JaguarDriver

JaguarDriver Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Dick Maury
    Yes. I had not met him before. A real pleasure to meet & judge with him. He is a wealth of knowledge on Porsche and Mercedes cars. I would have preferred to judge Jaguars but the Jaguar class of 5 cars consisted of 4 customer cars.

7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    We have dinner together every Thursday evening. Been doing that now for about 15 years.
    He knows something about everything