Aussie Aircraft Thread | Page 101 | FerrariChat

Aussie Aircraft Thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Steve355F1, Oct 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein

BTW do know the white/ivory 911E I posted the story on?

2. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Negative Ghost Rider.

3. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    And I don’t even find them hard to overtake.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  5. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
  6. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Atherton is on the 'ant track' and probably benefits from being a cheaper option than Cairns - but take a look at the places like Gayndah and Biloela next time you're taking a trip - barely a cafe or motel surviving.

Caravan parks may be doing well, but what about the motels and pubs? And which of those employ more? SOME places benefit, but overall they're menaces... And definitely should be a tighter limit on sizes.

7. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Well since you mention those two towns I recently drove through on my way back from GG ,Gayndah is doing a roaring trade due to the backpackers,I have stayed in the Grand a couple of times,it's a ripper restored pub.
    I can't answer for Bilo as it's only a fairly 'new' town and doesn't interest me in stopping there.
    As for the nomads in those two,you'd have to consult the council as to their worth.
    I do know,however,that the Gregory and Carnarvon highways and towns on 'em are busy with GN's (on the down trip to GG),as are the two villages on the mine road up to Bowen,Dingo and Nebo.
    Motels don't come into your equation as you're talking about GN's who are selfsufficient in that regard.
    I suspect the motels in Bilo are doing well due to their proximity to the mines and all the support networks they need.
    On my drive back from picking up the Datto I was well west and stayed at the Nindigully pub and the place was rocking with GN's,they'd had some live music and GN's were all over it drinking and nosebagging.

8. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    FO I can't talk right now I'm busy flying....And by the way don't bother ringing Steve as he's probably busy getting through a bottle of scotch watching how to climb a ladder on YouTube....:)

moretti and knocker like this.
  9. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I've picked up quite a few grey nomads over the years, usually they're from the eastern States doing the whole across the country thing and we end up going to Ceduna or the riverland to pick them up when they have a medical issue.
    Having said that, I'd certainly not complain (who cares who we pick up?) and the overall % of them in what we do would be tiny.

Apart from the nuisance they are on the road, I think it's a positive thing that they're out and about.
    I certainly intend to be doing something like that when I'm retired. May even buy an FEV12HOS if I get really old. :p

I tend to agree with Simon. Those towns / communities that they travel through and stay at would shurely have to be benefiting from their presence.

10. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Leave me alone. I know what I'm doing...

Actually, I'm back to work tomorrow. :(

11. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I might have to borrow your ladder Steve.....I think it's the only thing that can fix my crap rosters at the moment....:)

Steve355F1 likes this.
  12. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    They bought you a new ladder??

13. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    He's only allowed a 1 inch foot stool now....:)

14. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    We call 1 inch a “Wes”.

NTTIAWWT

moretti, DMWC, Steve355F1 and 2 others like this.
  15. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I bloody hope not. I've decided I'm going to refuse to do anything on a ladder any more.
    Someone else can clean the windscreen (Moretti?) and put the damn engine covers on! :)

Maranello550 likes this.
  16. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Plus,giving even more thought to this ^^^ stuff,any town that has an RSL,bowls,golf,dance,workers,Masonic,footy (of all codes),tennis club will more than likely see their share of GN's....all to the benefit of the area.

17. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm not allowed to wash planes anymore for a while ........ blood clot from foot to groin has slowed me down :(

These are real planes :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  19. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Medication of 6 months and not allowed to hurt myself or I bleed out

20. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Geez that's no good. How'd that happen?

No more donning the tracksuit pants for a jog either, I'd imagine.

21. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I'm starting to think maybe a couple of glasses of Vino needs to be added to the steak and a BJ on a long haul sector provided you are not the driver.....Sounds like a nasty experience JM...

22. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    A silver lining. :)

Keep well JM.

Steve355F1 likes this.
  23. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Probably the long haul flight to Vancouver because my leg blew up so naturally I went running to try and fix it but got massive pain in the upper leg after I got back and then flew to the Gold Coast, doctor sent me straight to RPA when he saw my leg and then spent all last week there getting tested and treated ........ BTW I think the Aussie health system is brilliant, great care, caring people and no long delays in getting that treatment.

I have flown a lot like most of you guys so this took me by surprise as I am in good health and relatively fit but was taken off the mini asprin I have been on since turning 50 (mostly due to heart history in the family) and they act as a mild blood thinner and this was my first flight since not using asprin but it may have nothing to do with it , but let this episode be a caution to you all, better to take precautions and be alive (I had a few clots get through to the lungs and was told any one of them could have killed me) so please all learn from my mishap :)

24. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Jeezus JM....That's really scary...I spend my life in those Aluminium tubes with our longest sectors from the east coast of the states being over 17 hours block time.....Look after yourself and hopefully your system will be back to normal soon....

Steve355F1 likes this.
  25. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks Gary but I was thinking of you and Steve when this happened as I am wondering what you guys do to prevent this sort of thing ?

Some guys I fly with use compression socks and until now I thought it was because they were susceptible unlike the bulletproof me :)