Australian Territory | FerrariChat

Australian Territory

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Glassman, Nov 7, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

How small exactly, is the island of Australia? And why are the Beers so freaking big?
    And to keep on topic how do the Ferrari's get there? Any Vintage owners???? Is there a dealer in Australia.

2. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Strewth, I'll bet London to a brick that you're having a lend. Either that or you blokes in Montana must have a kangaroo loose in the top paddock. :)
    To get the good oil about OZ go here -http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-geography-history.html
    Particularly refer to "colloquial & slang expressions" for an insight in to the Australian pshyche, though you'll probably have "Buckleys Chance" of working it out!
    Oh, BTW -
    Ferraris come by boat unless some FIGJAM decides to fly one in.
    Ferrari Dealers in every state, staffed by dinky-di enthusiasts, except for the odd drongo.:)
    Yep, plenty of vintage owners - some of them even have old Ferraris.
    Your shout for a slab :)
    John

3. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

WOW, this is going to take some careful study. I didn't know Austrailia had its own language.
    Many years ago I was partying in Seattle close to Pike Street when quite by chance I met up with a group of Australian Sailors on leave!
    I tagged along for most of the night and was privy to some strange customs. At one point the guy next to me reaches out and punches his friend right in the face, knocking him off the bar stool. The bloke ( see I'm getting the hang of it ) just gets up and sits down like nothing had happened. I was informed that this was simply an instance of something called Rough Housing, and no harm was done.
    Well we Rough Housed all over town that night until it finally escalated into Full Bar Rough Housing where the other patrons were forced to join in!
    Soon the King County Police came to qwell the disturbance ( equiped with a paddy wagon) and I decided to slip out the back door.
    The last thing I remember was a police officer sqeezing one guys nose until blood came shooting out and made the comment, how's that for Rough Housing!
    to slip out the back door

4. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    What's wrong with flying a Ferrari in to Australia? What's wrong with flying it out again, for that matter?

Peter

5. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Sounds like a normal night for sailors "out on the piss"

6. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

No way on the Slab especially if your talkin Longnecks.
    I'm no Figjam, and I do intend to Sink some Piss tonight, just the tiny ones though.
    First stop is the Milk Bar for some Vindaloo and then I'll give you a shout all right.
    Hooroo
    Bill

7. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    hope this clears stuff up for you. :)

8. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Ha, ha cool :cool: answer and to translate for US: Its f***** big:D

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

9. Sin

Sin Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Aust is 7,682,557 sq km and USA is 9,629,091 sq km ... therefore Australia is roughly 4/5 the size of USA.

10. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

Ok thats funny but what is really important is why are the beers so big!!!
    And do you guy's drink a six pack of giant Fosters every night?
    And do your wives like it.
    Oh, and I can see from the size of the island, there is plenty of room to hide in.
    Bill

11. Sin

Sin Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey Bill, trust me the Outback Steakhouse serves larger Fosters than I've ever seen in Australia. My parents and brother also came over to Washington and they were really suprised how large the beers are served here compared to Australia.

12. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    Fosters? what's that?

13. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Cheers from Germany ;)

Yes, we love to drink beer!

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

14. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

Now whats a good German beer? I like an ice cold Bass Ale or also ice cold Guiness Stout. This has a lot to do with Ferrari's as I will not work on any Ferrari, unless I have a cold beer close at hand.
    Is there an official Ferrari beer, kinda like Bud Lite is to Nascar?
    Bill

15. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Bill,

(and sorry for going sooooo OT here in your Australia section;) )

Wow, about German beer:
    We have in our very smal Germany: 1.364 breweries!!!!
    with over 6.000 different beers!!!

Here is a running list of the 40 biggest breweries with their turnover in
    Million HL (Hektoliter!!!!!) 1 HL = 100 Liter!
    F.E.: Brauerei Beck has been sold 551.200.000 Liter Beer in 1 year

1. Brauerei Beck GmbH & Co., Bremen 5,512
    2. Krombacher Brauerei, Bernhard Schadeberg 4,860
    3. Warsteiner Brauerei, Haus Cramer 4,647
    4. Bitburger Brauerei, Th. Simon GmbH 4,213
    5. Karlsberg Brauerei KG Homburg/Saar 4,100
    6. Dortmunder Actien-Brauerei 3,200
    7. Holsten Brauerei AG, Hamburg 2,700
    8. König Brauerei Duisburg 2,400
    9. Brauerei C. & A. Veltins, Grevenstein 2,380
    10. Hasseröder Brauerei Wernigerode GmbH 2,368
    11. Paulaner Brauerei, München 2,215
    12. Radeberger Exportbierbrauerei GmbH 2,005
    13. Binding Brauerei AG, Frankfurt am Main 1,900
    14. Brauhaus Oettingen GmbH 1,873
    15. Brauerei Feldschlößchen AG, Dresden 1,800
    16. Eichbaum Brauerei AG, Mannheim 1,771
    17. Hannen Brauerei GmbH, Mönchengladbach 1,700
    18. Gilde Brauerei AG, Hannover 1,591
    19. Friesisches Brauhaus Jever 1,559
    20. Berliner-Schultheiss-Brauerei GmbH 1,471
    21. Brauerei Brinkhoff GmbH, Dortmund 1,449
    22. Brauerei Gotha GmbH 1,430
    23. Brauerei Diebels, Issum 1,400
    24. Privatbrauerei Erdinger Weißbräu, Erding 1,387
    25. Kulmbacher Brauerei AG, Kulmbach 1,339
    26. Brauerei Feldschlößchen AG, Braunschweig 1,300
    27. Spaten-Franziskaner Bräu KGaA, München 1,300
    28. Mecklenburgische Brauerei Lübz GmbH 1,100
    29. Licher Privatbrauerei, Lich/Hessen 1,100
    30. Berliner Kindl Brauerei AG, Berlin 0,990
    31. Dinkelacker-Schwaben Bräu AG, Stuttgart 0,976
    32. Oderland Brauerei GmbH, Frankfurt an der Oder 0,948
    33. Löwenbräu AG, München 0,930
    34. Tucher Bräu KG, Nürnburg und Fürth 0,926
    35. Leipziger Brauhaus zu Reudnitz GmbH 0,909
    36. Köstritzer Schwarzbierbrauerei, Bad Köstritz 0,853
    37. Augustiner Bräu Wagner KG, München 0,850
    38. Hofbräuhaus Wolters AG, Braunschweig 0,850
    39. Freiberger Brauhaus AG, Freiberg/Sachsen 0,828
    40. Badische Staatsbrauerei AG, Rothaus 0,773

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

16. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Island? It's one damn big island then! lol

17. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    Australia is the largest island on earth.
    We like our beer and our tits big, doesn't everyone?
    BTW we don't actually drink fosters, the most popular beers are Victoria Bitter, but don't you dare call it that, it's VB!, and that's closely followed by Tooheys NEW.

18. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

Alrighty then, lets get right down to it. I think we should take the initiative to declare the Official Beer of Ferrari. We have Wolfgang's participation, and obviously he knows a lot about beer, and a bunch of Australians, who are well known for their beer swilling adventures. And myself, an excellant shade tree beer drinker.
    My vote goes for Bass Ale.
    It goes down easy, is light on the heartburn, and I can still work on a Ferrari after downing six of them.
    Now I know its British, but come on, these guy's gave us the first really affordable V12 Sportscar. I actually miss mine.
    What do you guy's think?

19. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Bill Bill Bill,

The Poms have never made a car worth copying and their beer is terrible (was forced to drink it for2 years while I worked there), the girls are warm and the bosses cold :)

My vote goes for Stella Artois (sp) as it will knock you for a loop after about 16 beers (well that's how many it took to floor me) so that is generally enough time to do a distributor or pull the heads off or set the cam shims.

I've owned 2 British cars and can only thank them for the experience they gave me in learning how to fix EVERYTHING on a car as the whole bloody thing fell apart (MGB and Mini), and I definitely don't miss them, as a matter of fact we should stop the Poms from building anymore deathtraps and make them drive ricers as punishment for building MGs and TVRs along with the horrible RRs and Bentley Continental GT (man is that one ugly car, I think they got the inspiration from having to look at the royal inbred family too often).

Having been out with some of your sailors in Hawaii I can vouch for the trouble sailor boyz can get into and you just need to know when to pull the pin and go bush to avoid the fallout. :)

Have you got your accomodation for Monterey and can you suggest any good reasonably priced ($1-200/day), I'm a cheapskate and am bringing the family for a 3 week stay to see a lot of your country's highlights (Nasa, Smithsonian, the 2 Disneys, Boeing in Seattle, NY and the Pebble Beach thingy) ?

20. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Bill
    At the risk of repeating myself, never, ever take any notice of a Queenslander - any group of individuals that actually brew & drink a beer called "XXXX", which tastes like panthers p..s strained through an Afghan camel drivers underpants, is totally unqualified to discuss the finer aspects of the world's favourite beverage. Incidentally, the call it "XXXX" because they can't spell BEER!
    To illustrate my point, if 16 Stellas, the beer of choice for 14 year old children, can floor you, you are obviously not qualified. :)
    My vote, in the absence of any recent experience with Kraut brewers, would be Cascade Premium - brewed from selected hops with the world's finest water and available from your friendly liquor store in copius quantities. Incidentally, this is brewed by Fosters Brewing who bring you the indomitable Fosters Lager whose only redeeming feature is that they stick inordinate bags of gold into Formula 1.
    Cascade - finest beer in the world - and every other place!
    Remember, you heard it on F-Chat first :)
    John

21. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    McLaren?

22. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    who copied it ??

never been impressed by the car as it doesn't have the emotion Italian cars have, for that sort of money I'd take an Enzo or Pagani Zonda before a Macca.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is technically brilliant but devoid of desire in my book.

23. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

I was thinking more along the line of the XKE. My first real sports car. That all came to a crashing end the day I was passed by the first Ferrari I had ever seen in real life. It was a white 308, and I had never heard anything like it before!
    Any way, there are some gooid Motels in Monterey on Soledad Drive I think it is. Or at least the main street running tworads the bay off of the Soledad exit. They have pools for the kids, and are close to the Fishermans Warf area. Better get calling as rooms are probably very scarce right now. I book mine a year in advance every year. It took about five years of waiting to finally " get accepted" at a Bed and Breakfast. Also $200 a night will be very easy to spend! ( if you can find a room in the Monterey area )
    If no luck the next good place is Santa Cruz, and they go fast too.
    As for Beer, my vote still goes for Bass Ale, however I think I better try some of these other brands. Will someone send some over?

24. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    thanks for the tips Bill, I'm doing it this week.

As for the beer I nominated it is Belgium so not a lot here but I love it whenever I can get hold of it.

I also have a problem where I can't tell the difference after a dozen so who cares what we drink :)

25. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    I meant it was worth copying