AutoArt makes 1/18 Ferrari????? | FerrariChat

AutoArt makes 1/18 Ferrari?????

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Hawaiian35, Dec 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hawaiian35

Hawaiian35 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    Why can't AutoArt make 1/18 scale Ferraris? Like the Enzo, F50, F40, GTO, 360, 430, 355, 348, the whole enchiladas!!!! I'm pretty sure they will make a lot of money from people like me, and everyone..Is this like a contract where they cannot touch any Ferrari, but Hotwheels, UT, and Kyosho?? AutoArt happens to be a very good brand when it comes to die-cast. Anybody agree with me???

2. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I agree. I think AutoArt can do a better job than Kyosho. For example I prefer the AA Miura and Countach over the Kyosho versions. It'll probably have to do with licenses.

3. hycian

hycian Karting

Apr 6, 2005
    Bring back Minichamps! Or at least AutoArt would be cool! Seriously, I miss the days when you can get a reasonably priced models of Ferrari F1 or road cars.

ANYONE KNOWS WHEN MATTEL WILL LOSE THE EXCLUSIVE DEAL TO FERRARI TOYS?

The marketing guys at Ferrari ought to be smarter and listen to the mass of people who are fed up with the current over-priced toys. I'd say they're doing more harm than help to Ferrari's image.

Take a look at Porsche or Lamborghini, there are so many high quality and reasonably priced models available. Being a tifoso, I'm envious.....

4. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I'm a big AutoArt fan and yes if they made Ferrari too I would buy every 1/18 they could come up with.

5. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    I disagree there. While AutoArt is damn nice and I own a few I have to say Kyosho has better overall quality. Maybe it depends on what particular model you are comparing, but as I look at them now the paint is superior on my Kyosho models compared to my AutoArt's for example. Remember AutoArt in many cases is just a fancy UT since they bought them.

But your right, it all comes down to licenses. And Ferrari doesn't give out many!

6. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    The main reason I like AA better is that they always got the body shape spot on. Maybe Kyosho has more detail but most of the time it's hidden anyway. But anyway both are right up there and deserve their followers.

7. Yamato

Yamato Rookie

Jan 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Yamato Yap
    Apparently AUTOart settled their beef with Ferrrari and might be making tuner 1:18 Models. Just be in a lookout tho.

Christian.Fr likes this.