News

Autostacker....anybody here have knowledge or experience?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Jack-the-lad, Apr 18, 2018.

1. 2008F430

2008F430 Karting

Apr 30, 2020
    St Augustine
    Thecadster and energy88 like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 635CSI

635CSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Skippr1999, defiant and Thecadster like this.
  4. 635CSI

635CSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
  5. defiant

defiant Rookie

Sep 16, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    S
    most garage door companies can raise your existing tracks (and extend vertically) to close to 8-10” to the ceiling and you can replace that motor with a side-mount. (Had to do the same). You won’t need all new doors!

Thecadster likes this.
  6. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Karting

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Exactly what I did. After the lift was installed the garage door company simply extended the tracks to the ceiling with the existing garage door, removed the old garage door opener and installed a wall mounted liftmaster garage door opener. The cost is the opener which is about 1400 and the tracks extension with labour, in all about 2200. Not bad.

defiant likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    If you don't mind an afternoon of DIY contact ddmgaragedoors.com for a kit (tracks & springs) custom based on your door requirement along with a Lift Master 8500 side opener (Amazon). All in about $650 plus my time which of course was "priceless". :D

9. defiant

defiant Rookie

Sep 16, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    S
    to get just an extra pinch of height, those lift master side-screw units will also allow the doors to lift to different heights. I don’t know how to link to my post in the garage thread, but you’ll see the left door (no lift) goes all the way, but the two other doors with side motors are set to not retract as far (allowing me to nose in, vs back on if desired).