Aventador exhaust note | FerrariChat

Aventador exhaust note

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by blackbolt22, Apr 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    So we have a 430 MT spider and a 458 Italia.

I've never been a Lambo fan but something about the NA 12 cylinder engine sound and the look of the Aventador is rubbing off on me. May look into getting one later this year.

We go by the dealer yesterday and inspect a 2012 unit. No test drive because it was raining but it sounded very anemic at idle, much quieter than either of our F cars.

I've heard them before at idle and the sound was amazing. That's a big reason I was there looking at them. Not so much with this one.

Sales guy then demonstrates a newer model with race exhaust and no cats. Apparently straight pipes basically. It was so loud and obnoxious I could barely ask him quickly enough to shut it off. Hated it.

There has to be something in between.

Comments?

2. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
    A number of variables there. Was the standard car idling for a while and in Strada mode? Strada mode keeps the exhaust valves closed and if it was idling for a while it will shut off cylinders too.

I find straight through pipes annoying too.

3. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Muffler delete will fix that problem and drop a significant amount of weight. Plenty of aftermarket options and OEM makes a "race exhaust" which is a muffler delete.

4. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    It was very quiet at start up and remained that way. Someone else mentioned it could have been in a different start mode. Strata as you say. That sounds like it. I will go back for a test drive in the next few weeks. Thanks.

5. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    The Adventador has to warm up before you get any sound. The best sound is in race or Corsa.

The dealer can change the sound to be race exhaust note in sport. In this way you do not get the hard shifts yet get the sound.

Also with the single clutch the shifts under can be painful under high throttle.. I had mine muted which the dealer can do for you.

I love my 2013 the car is an instant classic in my view.

Enjoy

Lee

6. PCJR

PCJR Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2007
    PA
    There a sport tune option (@ $2500) for the stock exhaust.
    The car will get noticeably louder once warmed up.
    The car has to be switched to sport or corsa to hear the difference.
    In strada after warm up it will remain quiet.