Back in the fall of 2012 I bought a 360 | FerrariChat

Back in the fall of 2012 I bought a 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by NathanBennett, Jan 10, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NathanBennett

NathanBennett Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Ouachita Mountains
    Full Name:
    Nathan Bennett
    coupe. It is an F1 (Rosso Corsa/black Daytona seats) with 4100 miles. And I just love it. No problems at all. And no plans to sell or trade it. I bought it from Cam at CNC Motors who handled the entire sale to my every satisfaction. Transport to Arkansas was by JP Logistics who also did a great job.
    My question is if any of you guys have ever owned or driven a Ford GT. I am seriously considering buying one. Having said that, I have never driven a Ford GT or even sat in one. What do you guys think of these cars? I also own a 993 TT and all three of these cars appear to be very different, ie., Ferrari 360, 993 TT and Ford GT.
    I signed up for their message board, but they make it clear they don't want posting from non-owners. Actually, they seem rather down on F-chat, but I am saying that without knowing
    any of them. I am sure they are great guys--especially if you own a Ford GT. :)
    Thanks for any comments. Nathan

2. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I haven't driven one on the street. But I've been in several rides. To me, it's one of the most beautiful cars out there. It's raw, manual, no traction control. And they are appreciating. So you shouldn't lose money. It would be my first car purchase in it's price range for sure.
    Try posting in American muscle, several members have them.

3. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    of FChat for threads regarding Ford GTs.

Lee Adams has numerous posts regarding his long-term ownership of one. WilliamH also posts.
    The consensus is they are great cars. I would take one in the "Heritage" paint scheme in a heartbeat.

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What he said.

The Ford GT and Porsche 993 TT are two of very few modern cars that seem to defy gravity when it comes to depreciation. The only drawback is that the ones I see for sale all have very low mileage, so it seems like guys feel compelled not to drive them -- i.e., they became collectors' items the minute they were driven off the lot.

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I've driven one and been for a ride in another. If I had the means, I'd buy it over any Ferrari, and I'm a hard core Ferrari fan. My favorite car, period.

You might get a better response to your inquiry if the title of the thread wasn't about a Ferrari 360? Most people wouldn't expect the discussion to be about a Ford GT.

6. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    I have a close friend who has 2. I've put quite a few miles on one of them and I have to say that it is a pretty spectacular vehicle. It is one of the most raw/aggressive/unbelievably fast street cars that I have ever been in. I would buy one in a heartbeat if I could afford it. Maintenance costs are minimal for an exotic. It has all the looks even today and a very distinctive sound. Drives very nice. I've made a couple 4+hour trips in it and its very comfortable. (again, for an exotic)
    Keep in mind if you ever drive one that it has NO traction control and while those massive rear tires provide an amazing amount of grip, once they break loose, hang on as you are officially along for the ride. :)

JIM

7. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Hi Nathan.

I have put about 1000 miles on one and enjoyed every mile. Different from the Ferrari but fun. This is also a car to hold on to for the future i am being asked more and more by collector customers of mine to find them a good one to put in there long term collection.

Craig

8. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I went to a car show last fall and met an owner who let me climb all over his Ford GT- he showed me the minor mods he had done (supercharger pully size change, short shift kit, and a custom plexiglass window so you can see the supercharger pully). I didn't ride in/drive the car but I did spend a good 20 minutes in the car and looking closely at the construction- it is every bit the exoit. Just as exotic as a Ferrari, and more exotic then some lamborghinis in my mind. I'd love to own one, but love my 360 too much/more to sell it towards a purchase. If you can have one with your 360 and 993TT, that would be a stellar stable!

9. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    #9 DIGMAN52, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I share a '95 355 Spider and a 2005 Ford GT with a buddy, and if I had to give up one it would be the Ferrari. The GT ranks in the the supercar class in my opinion. It doesn't have the same sounds at the Ferrari at 8,500 revs, but the amazing acceleration and handling overshadow the 355.

Bring the 458 into equation and the picture clouds a little bit.

I never tire of the look of the GT, and go back to the 60's slot racing them on the big rental tracks.

The GT flat never breaks, vs the Ferrari, where you have to figure in $1-2k per year in maintenence.

They are increasing in price, as the numbers diminish. They do take some getting used to without traction control, or other handling aids. Best thing to do is take off the cold natured Goodyear F1 tires, and install the Bridgestone Potenza's they put on the Enzo. Pretty much stopped the wheelspin at the top of 1st and 2nd gears.

The fordgtforum has a lot of Ferrari owners there as well, so come on back. I would contact Shelby at Elite Motors in Springfield to look for whatever color and options you want. He seems to alway have a nice stable of cars to sell.

You got me thinking about buying another one and putting it in a storage bubble.

DO IT !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I drove the Ford GT and was amazed. It felt very tight, very direct. I loved it. The power is more than enough. I didnt push it too much but you could tell it was a very well engineered car and that it handles beautifully.

11. NathanBennett

NathanBennett Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Ouachita Mountains
    Full Name:
    Nathan Bennett
    The Ford GT seems to be very highly thought of by Ferrari owners.
    Interestingly, after reading the GT forum, I noted that many of those guys have bought a second one; that speaks volumes by itself. I would not be buying for an investment per se, but it would be nice to know the price of your car is holding up. One of the reasons I like the 360 is that you get an awesome car for the price you pay.

12. wang

wang Formula 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Brunei
    Full Name:
    H. Wang
    If only they made them in right hand drive, I'll be all over one....! :)