Battery Cable | FerrariChat

Battery Cable

Discussion in '308/328' started by [email protected], Feb 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mxstav@comcast.net

Nov 24, 2005
    Green Oaks, IL
    Full Name:
    Mark Stavropoulos
    The battery cables on my 308 ('79 GTS) were almost literally toast. I found a positive cable, but a new, negative cable is just about impossible to find. I admit, I did find an original Ferrari one, but it was $180. So, I went to Custom Battery Cables.com and had a custom one made. The quality looks quite good and I am certainly less likely to have a melt down the next time I crank the engine!

Now, on to the oil leaks, suspension bushings, shocks, brake calipers...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nice job, looks like the old is not original but the new one sure looks promising.

3. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Just curious, why was it necessary to have a cable made? I would expect that any parts store would have suitable battery cables. But I admit I haven't replaced them so I don't know what would make them hard to source.

4. mxstav@comcast.net

Nov 24, 2005
    Green Oaks, IL
    Full Name:
    Mark Stavropoulos
    The cost is not much more than the generic parts store variety ($29 plus shipping). Plus, I get to choose the wire gauge (1AWG), length (16") and the terminations. It is also properly crimped to the terminations, not cheaply clamped. I believe this is a higher quality part that is closer to the original then a generic.

miketuason likes this.
  5. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    It's probably a much BETTER quality part than the original! I suspect the cheapest parts store cable would be closer to the original. ;)

6. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James