BBi electrical problem? | FerrariChat

BBi electrical problem?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by henryk, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    Took my Boxer out first time this year........started right up.......no problems last year.

I went about 10 miles and the car started to loose power........getting worse and worse, till I made it to a gas station and had it towed back home. I replaced a blown FP fuse, yet it wouldn't start........did crank well.

Two weeks later I tried again, and can't start the car. I am waiting for some fuel pressure test supplies, to test the pressures.

In the meantime, I started to look over the electrical system, as it relates to the fuel system.

What I have found is NO current going to the start valve relay. The power is continuous from the 3rd fuse.......to the fuel pump relay (term #87)........to the start valve relay (term #30). While I get 12V at the FP relay (#87), I don't get any reading at the start valve relay (#30).

As it is, I am not getting current to the thermotime switch (which comes from the start valve relay), hence my cold start injectors aren't working.........possibly a problem why the car won't start!!!!!!!!