Beautiful Swatters Blue F355 Spyder | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Beautiful Swatters Blue F355 Spyder

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by DodgeViper01, May 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Jon, I've had my 95' F355 for about a month now, talk to me Saturday I'll give you my impression so far, all good.
    And your right Tom the 95' does not have the OBDII, it has the OBDI, and slightly larger air intakes due to the 2.7 motronic instead of the 5.2. The only differece I believe in the injection system was to be able to add the alarm & engine imobilizer, as the 95's do not have factory alarms.

Did you say the 30K has been done yet?

And Intercity Transport brought mine from Houston to Long Island in 5 days for $1200.

2. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Looks a little on the light side to be a TDF? Nart maybe?

3. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    I recognize the photo from their shop and I also remember your car being offered by them not long ago. I almost bought an E55 from those guys...they seem to be a pretty good organization (I picked up an A6 4.2 Sport Quattro, which was the better choice for me as a daily driver here in NJ).

I look forward to discussing your 95 on Saturday as well. Decisions, decisions...I think my wife is ready to kill me already! ;-)

4. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    That really went the extra mile, they had it brought to Ferrari of Houston for me to have it looked over. Ferrari said it needed some minor repairs, i.e. power top issue, hazard flashers, a/c problem, around $2200 worth. They paid for all the repairs! They told me they didn't have the original alarm key fobs for the car alarm and reduced the price $500 because of this. After I got the car I found out it doesn't even have an alarm anyway!

5. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Glad to hear that they stepped up to the plate for you. That is my concern with going all the way to Scottsdale to get a car. My wife has family out there, so I may have them go take a look prior to me flying out there and/or paying Ferrari of Scottsdale to do the PPI. Ideally, I'd like to find a local example so if god forbid I have issues...I'll have some recourse.

I look forward to seeing you car on Sat.

6. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
  7. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    TDF I believe

8. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Hey Eric:

If you are looking more local, check the link above. The TDF version is in NY.

9. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    I would head out there tomorrow after the run, but I'm sure that the island will be a mess with Beach/Hamptons traffic, so I'll play it by ear. I just got the most recent service records on the Swatters car in AZ and it looks pretty comprehensive. It was a $5K service which included belts etc. It was done in Oct of 2003 though...looks like it wasn't driven much at all since then? I'll bring the bill with me tomorrow morning...

Let me ask you guys a question. How easy is it to stop/modify the mileage on the 355? I have to sometimes wonder about some of the mileage readings on these cars. Who pays $5K for service and then drives a car a few hundred miles over the course of 9 months? We're going to cover that distance alone on Saturday! I have to be a little skeptical when I see such things...

10. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D

very easy, you need to match the condition of the car with the mileage, obviously you can't tell 5k from 7k but you can tell 5k from 25k

11. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM

I agree, Ive been told its very easy and very commonplace to do this especially with ferrari's. I have seen a few as well with low miles and the car was obviously driven more than indicated. So check it as best you can.

12. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    Eric,

I have been looking for 95 355 Spider Blue/Tan for some time now and have come upon the same car in AZ. I have exchanged email with Marko at Exotic Auto Sales, but after reading this thread, I don't want to compete with you if you are still interested in the car. Let me know where you are with them. If you are serious, then I will pass on this one. Ferrari Chatters need to work together!

Thanks,

Theo

13. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    If anyone is interested, I am entertaining the thought of selling my '98 TDF Blue 355 for $85. Interior is beige with 3 sets of carpets, cover, all records, etc. The major svc is being done now at Auto Sport Designs with everything else being checked and/or replaced.

Car has 22K, custom installed V-1, Reuss Sound System (still have all original radio and speakers & custom system won't leave a trace when removed).

Any takers?

14. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    David,

How frim are you on price? My limit is $80K. That's the reason why I'm looking at 95s. I have just started on my search and i'm still a few months away from making a decision.

What's the the difference between swatters blue and TDF blue? Is onw darker than the other or is it a flat vs. metallic thing?

Theo

15. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Go with David's car. It is a good car.

As for color TDF Blue is a lighter blue and Swatters is a DEEP blue. The pictures that I posted in the beginning are Swatters and the F355 GTS below is TDF. Hope that clears it up.

16. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Reasonable price. I will take it if I am looking for a Spider, I prefer GTB though.

17. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Jim Reus makes a killer, killer, KILLER sound system!

18. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    What! I can't believe it. :(

19. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    As for the AZ car Theo, I've been in St. Louis on biz and haven't been able to follow up this week on that Swatters Blue car. As is the case with you, I'm in no rush here and the thought of going out to AZ to see this car is a bit daunting these days with a 7 week old baby in my house and business keeping me busy. I have all the info on the car and actually passed it on to another fellow Fchatter being that he was interested as well. Now that I've seen the string on the 98 TDF, my interest is peaking though!

David, what's teh story with your 355 and why are you parting with it? Sounds like a beautiful example. I know the guys out at Autosport as well...I've done business with Tom in the past.

20. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Spoke to Noto about the car over breakfast this morning and it does not look like he is going to sell the car unless there is a serious buyer. He loves it too much!! :)

21. Best blue color combo = Pozzi/Creme but the swaters on natrual is so gorgous that spider on the first page is to die for.

22. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Cream was just toooo light for me and looked like it would get messed up VERY fast.

23. Well it only gets messed up if you dont care for it. All my cars have light leather and its never been a problem of keeping it clean. But that Swatters on natrual is amazing I love it. The car looks perfect with the blue top.

24. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Yes it does look good. As for the cream leather it is just that the dirt is just more evident. Love the dark colors.

25. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas

Eric,

First of all, congratulations on your new baby! My son was only 4 weeks old when I bought my 328. That was 2 years ago.

Can you forward me all the info you have on the AZ car if you don't mind. I, like you, am in no rush, but would like to at least screen this car to see if it is a possibility.

Thanks,

Theo