Bent Wheel | FerrariChat

Bent Wheel

Discussion in '612/599' started by George Vosburgh, Apr 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I suppose I've been lucky, in my years with a Ferrari this is the first time I bent a wheel. I ran over a pot hole that was in the shade so I didn't see it. I have a bent wheel and a bubble on the sidewall. I was going to drive it down to Competizione in MD (4 hours) but people are telling me I shouldn't drive it with the bubble so I guess I'll have it picked up. What a drag!

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    A pothole in Pittsburg? Who woulda thought.

Tough luck George, but rather than send the whole car, just ship the wheel.

3. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    A year ago unknowing to me I drove from Lancaster PA to home Westchester county NY (3hrs) with a cracked rim and bent wheel , Whew made it home without a disaster. I bought a new set of rims ( 1 rim from dealer was $3300, a whole set from an independent was $6700). I drove the car a little while longer before I put it away for the winter just to find out this past month that I had bent one of the rims again. So I'm thinking the challenge rims are very susceptible to bending...

4. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

It's the bubble on the sidewall that's got me spooked.

5. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

We were out of the country for a few weeks, got my wheel back today and mounted it. I'm back in business!

6. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Do you have a pic?