Beretta vs. Glock | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Beretta vs. Glock

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PerryJ, Sep 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PerryJ

PerryJ Formula 3

Jun 5, 2003
    N. Alabama
    Full Name:
    John Perry
    thanks for the responses guys,
    especially Paul great write up.

Anyone know of good online dealers ??
    I know most will ship to a local dealer in my town.

2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    John,

I don't know if you have all the info you need, but just in case, I would not purchase a Glock or Berreta.

Quickly I will say I had the Berreta slide ripped right off the gun while I was holding it by a gun dealer showing me their design flaws. I also agree that I would not purchase a plastic gun like the glock.

Personally, I like stainless steel weapons but they may be too heavy for your needs. I suggest stongly that you go to a good dealer and see what feels good for you and your wife. It is going to be hard to find one that will serve you both well - IMO. I would look at S&W and H&K. S&W used to have a "shorty 40" and they have lady models as well. Both have very good track records and are designed well.

Good luck and try to get some range use before purchase.

3. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hk Hk Hk Hk!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
    PS, did I mention the Hk? :)

4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    John - I had a Beretta 9000, she will have a hard time racking the slide. It is difficult. I carry a Berreta 96D on duty .40. Great gun just heavy and bulky. I carry a Glock 27 off duty. I love that gun. Small easily concealable and lightweight. It comes down to a matter of preference I guess. But I would shy away from the 9000 if your wife is going to be using it.

5. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    www.eausales.com

6. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    I own them all. I have a Kahr 9mm PM9093A that is super small which is good as a carry weapon when all I have is a pocket. It is a good gun but not very fun to shoot. However, there aren't many 9mm's small enough to put in a pocket. Of all the handguns I own, I'm partial to my Sig P220 45cal. (stainless). It is my primary carry gun, little big but a super weapon. Dependable, accurate and packs quite a punch. The Glock model 22 40cal. is a fine gun, I shoot it often because the ammo is cheap and it's fun to blow through a few hundred rounds at a time. All thing considered though, the Sig has my vote! (BTW, yes, I carry legally.) I'm making it a goal to own one of every cal. handgun made! Never forget, you need to own enough ammo for every gun you own!

Just because I had a fish license plate frame doesn't mean I'm easy!

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    www.gunsamerica.com

DL

8. mdoan300

mdoan300 Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Another vote for the HK USP. I've got a USP9 and USP9 compact. IMO, they have quite a bit more muzzle flip over the comparable Glocks, but they are still dead on accurate and the Glock does not have a "normal" regular safety.

You can get the USP in SA/DA, DA-only, SA-only configurations.

Michael.

9. PerryJ

PerryJ Formula 3

Jun 5, 2003
    N. Alabama
    Full Name:
    John Perry
    the more i read I like the H&K,

either p2000 bit pricey 800
    or a USP compact around 600

10. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    The HK USP is nice for an "off the rack" weapon. Whatever you buy, make sure you shoot the model extensively first. Take your top 5 choices and rent them at the range. Spend a couple hours shooting all of them back to back. Build quality, finish, features are all nice things to discuss and admire but if it's your life on the line the only thing that matters is which one YOU shoot the best with.

IMHO, try them all, even the ones you don't want to spend the money for. Like a helmet or an S-class the price is justified the moment before impact.

What I love and live by: Kimber and Wilson Combat

11. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I think Kimber did a really good job and at a reasonale price. They are also beautiful to look at IMHO.

12. PerryJ

PerryJ Formula 3

Jun 5, 2003
    N. Alabama
    Full Name:
    John Perry
    narrowed it down to Glock 19 or h&k usp9c, going to the range this week to shoot both, both sound like excellect choices.

13. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    John, if they have a S&W shorty 40 or similar there........ try it.

14. PerryJ

PerryJ Formula 3

Jun 5, 2003
    N. Alabama
    Full Name:
    John Perry
    ok, I used to own a s&w sigma 380 and my brother carried a duty 5906 for the state police.

15. Ronin

Ronin Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Another vote for H&K. Ihave the USP compact .40 and love it, VERY reliable. I would go with SIG second. Someone mentioned Kimber, I had one and it jammed all the time.

16. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    5906 ..... stainless steel.... heavy, but gooooood. No jaming and you can hit someone over the head with it if you run out of bullets.

17. Lee White

Lee White Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Full Name:
    Lee White
    Here in Colorado. we have a place called Long's Drugs, a chain of pharmacies in town, there, they have a display cabinet full of both wheel guns and autos. You can fill your prescription for rogaine and buy your Beretta all in 1 stop!! You have to be over 21 and no disqualifying factors, like an arrest for domestic abuse, but other than that, you don't need to jump thru any hoops.

There is a felow out east who sells full auto to those w/ the right credentials- I was out there when he was shooting his Browning .50 cal. Couldn't hear for 15 minutes after that one-

18. mdoan300

mdoan300 Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael
    If you get a chance, then also rent an HK P7. Funny looking gun and takes a while to figure out the squeeze-cocker handle, but it's very easy to shoot accurately (IMO) -- almost like pointing your finger. Unfortunately, they are priced higher than the P2000.

If you want a couple of boards to read about HK, then check out http://www.parkcitiestactical.com and http://www.hkpro.com

BTW, the hi-cap mag ban has ended very recently so it's legal (and cheaper) to own 15 round mags again! :)

Michael.

19. atheyg

atheyg Guest

I agree with all the Sig praises, I have a 220 .45 and its the best.

Now if you really wanted to get fancy get a .44 Automag Dirty Harry Special.
    I knew someone that had one and even in the early 80s it was worth $2000, well made and looked cool in stainless

20. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    I am not an expert shooter, but I have to concur the Sig Sauer is indeed extremely user friendly and I was able to get some stunning groupings at the firing range from 50 feet.

21. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Right now I sleep with a .40 H&K under my bed and a Colt AR15 at an arm reach from my head, when I am sleeping theres no fooling around.