News

Best Aftermarket Exhaust System for California T?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino' started by MKM1, Sep 14, 2017.

1. MKM1

MKM1 Rookie

Sep 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    Mohammed Khalid AL Shaikh
    Greetings FerrariChat!

I own a 2016 Ferrari California T Handling Speciale (HS). I've been on the look for an aftermarket exhaust system to fit in my car. The current exhaust system is good, yet it doesn't really do justice to the car's wonderful turbo charged engine. I prefer the exhaust to be very loud when valves are completely opened. I'm well aware of Capristo's offering as I have recently fitted their titanium package in my audi r8 v10.

What do you guys recommend?
    - Capristo
    - Novitec Rosso
    - Fabspeed
    - Fi Exhaust
    - Anything Else?

2. tomc

tomc F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Mario (MDEL) had Capristo on his Cali and loved it. As I recall, it could be turned on and off with a remote...T

3. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    Thomas Stintsman
    The ECU tune is where all the fun is at - it kicked ours up to 488 territory :)

4. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Please illuminate us...

John

5. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    Travis can elaborate on an ECU tune. Basically Ferrari spa uses the same engine in the California turbo and 488..........Ferrari drastically restrained the power curves of the California Turbo to make it feel energetic but restrained in acceleration so it does feel too fast during acceleration and then have a burst of hard acceleration at the high end. You all likely read this in the car magazines when Ferrari actually mentioned limiting boost and power across the low and middle RPM bands.
    I would recommend a Fabspeed rear X pipe and rear muffler bypass pipes with an ECU tune for any and all Ferrari California Turbos. You will have great sports car sound and real 488 style power that is shockingly good in the California.
    Check out Fabspeed Motorsport website for Video explanations and dyno details.

jumpinjohn likes this.
  6. MKM1

MKM1 Rookie

Sep 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    Mohammed Khalid AL Shaikh
    Hello Joe!

Thanks for the much needed feedback! I want to inform you that I've went for the capristo offering for the Cali T and the sound is surprisingly great after replacing the original mufflers. However, I still want to purchase the x-pipe! Would the fabspeed x-pipe replacement go with the capristo mufflers? and would I need to tune the car for that?

Regards,
    MK

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    My T is in storage till April and I am starting to look at possibly adding an exhaust. It sounds a bit tame as it is. I was curious to see what other owners have gone with.

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  8. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    Thomas Stintsman
  9. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Thanks Tom, I will consider your product, and you are not far from me.

10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    novitec is the answer for all 2010+ ferraris