Best comeback to Magnum PI / 3x8 passive aggressive comments? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Best comeback to Magnum PI / 3x8 passive aggressive comments?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by italianelvis, Jun 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    HA :D

I just remembered that a thumbs up gesture in some parts of the world (areas of Italy included) means "Up Yours!" lol

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    How did you know what brand of condoms I use?!?

3. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Had that happen with my old 512BB, he said hey Magnum, if it bothers you get something else like a Diablo, people just **** there pants when they see it lol.

4. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    #54 I'm 360 Canuck, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    I'm in this camp.
    Embrace it. Have fun with it. Wear a Hawaiian shirt. whatever you do, don't take yourself too seriously.
    TBH, I wish there was an iconic pop culture reference for my car.
    Last week I thought about buying the magnum Pi box set DVDs actually.

But I guess if you want to go with the thin-skinned response, you could say something like "I don't know that show....must have been before my time".

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Nah, even better 'did your girlfriend tell you what brand of condoms I use, damn, I'm really sorry chum. At least she enjoyed herself!'

6. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    "Who...?"

7. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I get the comment occasionally in my 328. The times I have gotten it, I don't think people were trying to be jerks. I think it was more as a way to start a conversation / try to relate to the car because it is something uncommon and which a lot of people think are six figure cars that "normal" people cannot afford and so have not had exposure to. In such instances, I politely let them know it is similar but not the same car and then tell them about the differences if they actually seem interested.