Best F1 Pump Protection | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best F1 Pump Protection

Discussion in '360/430' started by lkstaack, Mar 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    Hi Kevin, in both cases, the car gave a warning a few days after installing and happily using the relay. Meaning it was not a warning from the Scud Ing. relay but from the car dashboard itself. In the case of the F430 I got a gearbox error and it resolved after I disconnected my batter and switched back to the regular solenoid; I drove car for a few months without problems after that. Same with the Maserati GTS, I got a gearbox error a few days after using the Scud Ing relay (another unit specifically ordered for the Maserati) and I fixed the problem by disconnecting battery and replacing with original solenoid and car drove without hitch and no further warning signs after that. So I was unlucky in both cases. In case of F430, perhaps it was a warning sign; in the case of the GTS not sure what that was all about. Happy to ship you both units for free if you like, they're sitting collecting dust on my shelf and I believe they can be reset to factory specs (instructions at Scud Ing). DM me if you like these, otherwise, anyone here who is interested offer stands.

kes7u likes this.
  2. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thanks for the info. I misunderstood what you were saying. That's really a shame that it seems like you had 2 separate malfunctioning units. I had one in my 360 that worked just fine. Like yourself, though, I ended up going with a gated conversion. Although not because of any F1 issues.

Kevin

3. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    I don't think they were malfunctioning units, I think my cars somehow were not compatible...

4. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    I just ordered the basic Scud Ing relay for my 430. I also decided to get a lithium battery (from Dan at https://www.normalguysupercar.com/). I am hoping the battery's ability to keep a more steady voltage will improve system reliability also. Plus it's like 30 pounds lighter.

5. Nholmes11

Nholmes11 Rookie

Dec 23, 2020
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi catdog, if you’re looking to get rid of yours for the f430 I am interested! Thanks!

6. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    I am sorry, I have had two other F'chaters who have already dm'ed me, I am sorry you were a tiny bit late...