Best LA based mechanics for 308 GTS 30k maintenance service | FerrariChat

Best LA based mechanics for 308 GTS 30k maintenance service

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Skateoutlaw81, Dec 13, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skateoutlaw81

Skateoutlaw81 Rookie

Dec 12, 2022
    Pasadena CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Courtade
    Hello all,

I recently bought a 1980 308 GTSi. I need to have the 30k mile service performed in the Los Angeles area and was told that Fast Cars in Redondo Beach was a good spot. Unfortunately, they are not able to service the car until February. I was also told that Hi-Tech Automotive in Silver Lake was an option. Does anyone have info or an opinion on Hi Tech? Also, any idea of where the price should be? I’ve had several places give me different ballpark estimates with wild deltas ex: $8k-$17k. Pardon my ignorance, I’ve never owned a Ferrari always been a 911 guy. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Thomas Magnum likes this.
  2. WashingtonFerrari61

WashingtonFerrari61 Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2022
    Northern, VA
    RobinMasters and dinoart like this.
  3. WashingtonFerrari61

Jun 26, 2022
    Northern, VA
    They serviced my 360 for over a decade for two other owners before I bought it and I worked with them before I had it shipped to me. Great shop.

dinoart likes this.
  4. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Funny, I just sent my 308 to Fast Cars and they said they would get to it in Feb.

5. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Feb really isn’t that far away in terms of time when it’s already mid Dec and two weeks are shot for holidays. I’d be inclined to go with a top level shop that has a month or so wait over someone that can see it on a day or twos notice but that’s just me. There’s a reason good shops have scheduling…

6. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Nothing against the other shops in the area, as I have no experience with them but my 308 and I do have a long, great history with Fast Cars (also long time FerrariChat sponsor). Great shop, great people. February will be here before you know it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

dinoart, rob lay and Tegethoff like this.
  7. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    +1 on RMT motorsports. Randy is great and the price you can live with. I have my 308 brakes and major done there on two different occasions. He'll get on with it right away. Just have to call ahead of time and he'll let you know when you can bring the car in. There are not too many shops left in OC that know 308s. I have 3 308s, two 85 GTSs and a 77 GTB. He also serviced my California which is a newer car. I can't stand leaving the car at any shop for weeks.

RobinMasters likes this.
  8. Skateoutlaw81

Skateoutlaw81 Rookie

Dec 12, 2022
    Pasadena CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Courtade
    I really appreciate all the feedback! I will be giving RMT a call tomorrow!

9. gamester

gamester Rookie

Nov 27, 2003
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Erik Jonsson
    Eric Sanders at GTO engineering in LA.

10. WashingtonFerrari61

Jun 26, 2022
    Northern, VA
    Who did you end up using?

11. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Under the radar but highly recommended is Rick at R&S automotive. Transparent, talented and a Ferrari enthusiast to boot. Active in the local shows and a GREAT resource in sorting my car. I see 308/328’s there all the time. He also takes pics of his progress.

https://rsauto.pixieset.com/