Best way to access clutch slave cylinder? | FerrariChat

Best way to access clutch slave cylinder?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by spbogen, Feb 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spbogen

spbogen Karting
    Owner

Aug 23, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Bob
    What would be the best way to get to the clutch slave cylinder(84 cab)? Wheel well, sliding underneath while raised on jacks or from the top(after removing distributer cap). Clutch just went soft. I'll try bleeding it first, but have already accepted the probability of replacement.

2. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Its very hard to get to it from the top.
    Best is jack up the left rear wheel well (LHD), remove tire, panel. If you have a cabrio, remove the rear engine access panel for more viewing access. see this thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mondial/357008-qv-clutch-slave-cylinder.html

3. spbogen

spbogen Karting
    Owner

Aug 23, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks for the quick response - I had reviewed that thread but still didn't have a good idea of actual placement. I thought the wheel well would be the best option ...Of course, it figures that's the side closest to the garage wall.

4. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I did mine with the car backed-up onto a pair of ramps. (Rage Powersports CR-7214, these have a long, removable slope section for low profile vehicles.)

Once it was on the ramps, I was able to do everything from underneath without much difficulty. There are some "blind" reaches from underneath, but nothing particularly difficult. Mike's approach is probably better, but I had no problems.