Best Way To Play Music Off Iphone X in 575? | FerrariChat

Best Way To Play Music Off Iphone X in 575?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by F355 Fan 82, Apr 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Obviously the Iphone wasn't even out when the 575 came out, but are there any possible options out there to play music off your iphone in your 575? I know I know I should be rolling down the windows and listening to the exhaust sound....I do that when Im on the open road, Im talking about when Im stuck in traffic, would love to be able to stream my music off my phone. I found a casette player adapter on amazon that says it works with iphone but doesn't mention if it works with Iphone X.

Just curious if any of you guys have set up your iphones with the car? I have the factory radio and don't want to change that, I remember an old SL55 I had a while ago, a friend of mine had the same car and when the Iphone came out he would connect it via some aux input in the glovebox. Im not very tech savvy but is that an option in the 575? If so what cable do I need?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Pretty sure this has been covered here or in 360 section even for iphone X type connectors but if you cannot find check out Becker Autosound who have something of a go-to reputation

3. marce

marce Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marcel
  4. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    There was a guy on eBay who sold Blue Tooth adapters. It did require splicing into the existing wiring (yikes!) but the instructions were clear and it works great. You do need to disconnect the connector for the CD player in the trunk, as this mod replaces that. Then select AUX to play from the iPhone.

(Note: on a 550 you need to remove the center console - not sure on a 575. The radio is bolted to the console, so the side release gizmos won't work.)

5. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #5 johnk..., Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Get one of these. They connect to you phone via blue tooth or some have an input connection for a mini phono jack. They broadcast a short range FM signal. You set the frequency to a band where there is no FM signal. Then you tune your radio to that frequency that frequency and you are done. I have several for my older cars with radios the don't have blue tooth or an AUX input. No need to cut/splice wires.

https://www.amazon.com/VicTsing-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Wireless-Hand-Free/dp/B01K7OHDKS/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1522759956&sr=1-6&keywords=bluetooth+fm+transmitter&dpID=519FUHQIiKL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

tres55 likes this.
  6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    thanks john just ordered it

7. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Please tell us How well it works
    In the past using this type of adapter resulted in considerable quality loss in sound quality.
    Does anyone have a better solution including Navigation

8. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Actually my car is at the shop now getting some work done and I asked about better solutions and was told there is something for $100-150 that works but cuts off the CD player, they're doing that to my car right now, im returning the amazon adapter and ill let you know how it works

9. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Maybe it's the unit from Becker Auto Sound. They sell a bluetooth device the plugs into the CD input and is tucked in under the centre console. It is completely invisible inside the car. You connect your phone with bluetooth switch to AUX on the radio and control with your phone. I have it, it works well, but I find the volume usually has to be cranked up on both my phone and the car stereo when using it and as a result I get some background noise. Otherwise it's great.

10. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    Becker in NJ sells an adapter that plugs directly into the radio harness that utilizes the CD capability of the radio. It cost about $100 and took maybe 5 minutes for me to install. Slide out the radio, plug it in, and slide the radio back in.

11. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Replace the stock head unit with the Pioneer 1DIN Avh-x3300bt. It’s a flip up CarPlay unit. I have it’s predecessor and will be upgrading this summer.

12. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    O I forgot to update this. My awesome tech ended up installing a bluetooth player inside the original head unit. The music basically plays through the CD aux. Its fantastic actually I love it, it was $250 or so all in installed.