Beware [Euroquipe] Mechanic Shop - St. Charles, IL – [My Story] | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Beware [Euroquipe] Mechanic Shop - St. Charles, IL – [My Story]

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by F360Dave, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BDCVG

BDCVG Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2007
    Cincyish
    Full Name:
    Brad
    I for one am glad Euroquipe posted Their side of the story.

2. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    +1

3. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    +2

4. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #29 geno berns, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
    Euroquipe: "Negative post’s that have recently slandered our business".
    A consumer has full rights under Illinois statutes to share their experience, good or bad with other consumers and state their opinion. This is not constituted slander. Just state your side of the story and stop making false statements...

5. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #30 badges2, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
    Euroquipe: "Negative post’s that have recently slandered our business".
    A consumer has full rights under Illinois statutes to share their experience, good or bad with other consumers and state their opinion. This is not constituted slander. Just state your side of the story and stop making false statements...

You must not have been around when this slander was posted and had to be removed. An employee represents the business, so this was indeed Euroquipe's right to refute it.

"Slander is the oral communication of false statements that are harmful to a person's reputation. If the statements are proven to be true, it is a complete defense to a charge of slander. Oral opinions that don't contain statements of fact don't constitute slander. Slander is an act of communication that causes someone to be shamed, ridiculed, held in contempt, lowered in the estimation of the community, or to lose employment status or earnings or otherwise suffer a damaged reputation. Slander is a subcategory of defamation.

The basic elements of a claim of slander include;

a defamatory statement;
    published to third parties; and
    which the speaker or publisher knew or should have known was false.
    Slander is primarily covered under state law, but is subject to First Amendment guarantees of free speech. The scope of constitutional protection extends to statements of opinion on matters of public concern that do not contain or imply a provable factual assertion. If the slander unjustly accused you of a crime or reflected on your profession, the court or jury can assess the damages. For other types of slander you generally must prove some actual damage to be able to recover.

Slander of title is a common law tort involving a disparaging remark regarding ownership of property. It affects the owner's ability to transfer the property, resulting in a monetary loss."

6. ndpendant

ndpendant Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2010
    Chicago- west burbs
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #31 ndpendant, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
    I have my car at euroquipe currently. Although I went in for a fluid service and maintenance eval, they did find a few small things with the car that needed to be done. The most pressing or the largest was not good news, but required new radiators since both sides are seeping. They called me prior to doing anything, explained the situation. They removed them, sent them out for an outside shop to look at and they also determined that although they may be salvaged, that the risk was not good to continue use in their current condition. They have since made calls to other shops, to have more than one bid to replace or repair the radiators. After a non successful repair attempt was done at another outside shop, we together decided to go the route of new radiators. The guys at the shop did their shopping around Found both traditional brass/copper and aluminum racing radiators, that in the end have saved me about $5,000.00 at least in OEM radiator costs and I am getting a much better TIG welded product with a warranty. I appreciate all the footwork they did in helping me find the most cost effective way of dealing with my problem, not necessarily the cheapest, but one that will work for the long term. This is my first dealing with euroquipe, and although the first call about my car wasnt the best news I was looking for, I do feel that the car and the customer are being treated fairly here.
    Nd.

7. F360Dave

F360Dave Karting

May 13, 2009
    Thank you

- - - - -

Here you have both sides - Decide for yourselves...

I did not want to take my side to a slanderous state, and the "slander" that was referred to, was a near-direct quote of another person. Thus not having the quote recorded for exact wording, i call it near-direct. And due to a posted definition, what i had written is not to be considered slander, hence it being true, although it can not be proved.

8. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #33 badges2, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
    What was written by you (and removed) about the Euroquipe technician was textbook slander.

The internet is a powerful thing. Yes, you can air your complaints to others. You are also capable of hurting a business and people's careers if you get carried away.

9. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Both parties had their say,this thread is closed.