News

Big Ticket

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ART360, Feb 22, 2004.

1. ART360

ART360 Guest

I'm driving into work today (Yeah, I know its Sunday) and its raining. South on Highway 101 towards Sausalito, Golden Gate Bridge. As I pass Mill Valley, a Maroon 360 Spyder pulls out, blonde driving. I'm in the Audi, and going about 70 - 75 mph. Speed limit 55. She gets up to about 85 - 90 and I think, "a free ride", and speed up to 85. We get to the 1st Sausalito turn off, and I see a CHP pulling off the freeway. I take my foot off the gas, slow to 65 - 70. I keep my eye on the rear view mirror, and sure enough, I see him coming up quick. The blonde never noticed. Through the Waldo, and down towards the bridge, lights on, I see him pulling the 360 over. That area is a double fine zone, if he writes her for the real speed, 90, that ticket is going to be 2 points, and about 1k. Pays to look in the mirror!

Art

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Hey Art...How did YOU know he popped her for going 90 if you did not get pulled over? I gotta hear this!

Pete

4. ART360

ART360 Guest

If they stop you there, you get the ticket. Been there, done that. Not for quite a while, however.

Art

5. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Too bad we are not riding karts today (Rain). Next weekend?

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Art: and you didn't stop to help? Where's the chivalry? And if there isn't a rng on that finger, you can give her my name and number. :D

Peter: when are you planning on heading up to kart next? I am taking you up on your previous offer! ;)

--Dan

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I'm sure she can afford it

9. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Art: I was up there on Sunday. Brett was telling me about a customer of theirs...QUITE the girl. Wealthy, cool as hell, attractive, unmarried, etc. I didn't stick around to meet her, but if you're looking... :D

--Dan

10. DGS

DGS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Ah, but you're not equipped to use the "blonde" excuse: I was only doing 90, and the sign said "101". (Batting eyes). ;)