Bioshock 2..worth it?? | FerrariChat

Bioshock 2..worth it??

Discussion in 'Technology' started by climb, Mar 16, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    I loved the first one but with the slow year i've had i second guess EVERY purchase. What makes me question this game is that it looks just like the first one or like it's an extension pack but not a completely new game.

Has anyone played it (360) and if so is it worth $60?

Is it a new experience or nearly the same as Bioshock 1?

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  3. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  4. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    I enjoyed it. The first game didn't need a sequel, but I was surprised how well they pulled off 2 off. IMO, this one really stands on its own two feet.

Pros

It's pretty sweet being able to wield both a plasmid and gun at the same time, really makes it possible to kill things in new and interesting ways.

The story is well done. Not as great as the first, but compared to many other games out there, it really does give you something more.

The little side missions of protecting the little sisters while they harvest adam from corpses are fun. The ability to stop and think about how best to protect the little sisters in each instance before she starts harvesting and gobs of enemies bum rush you is very nice.

The research method is much improved... giving you a video camera that you start when you encounter an enemy and then kill them in unique ways to get massive research bonuses.

The hacking mechanism is much improved (as long as you aren't color blind).

Cons

The first bit of it is a pretty an extension of the first one.

I really wish the drill would have been more useful. It runs on fuel, which it burns through incredibly quickly for how much damage it does, so I didn't end up using it much. BUT, the drill dash is fantastic.

The spaces are generally the same... you never really have the urge to just stop and look around for a bit like you did in the first.

Some times it can be frustrating when you have been out of ammo for a particular gun for quite some time, and all you keep finding is drill fuel.

The wallet size is quite small. I wish it would have been doubled, as some of the ammo types, even after hacking a vending machine, are incredibly expensive.

As always, these are just my opinions, and YMMV.

5. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    That's a pretty through summary..thank you!

Something about the unique enviornment and the Libertarian dystopia angle really made the game engrossing.