Bittersweet Closure | FerrariChat

Bittersweet Closure

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by muk_yan_jong, Mar 20, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    https://competizionecars.com/inventory/1991-ferrari-f40/

All things in their time, but IYKYK. The significance of this local F40 is HUGE. Well... To me at least.

Got a lot of time driving and caring for her during my time there. Most memorable were the shakedowns after a (RC Pre-Competizione) rebuild. He was tired of contorting in and out of the thing and let/helped me learn about what a F40 can do.

At one point we serviced 4 of them and for a short time I was the trusted driver and QC guy before return. One of my Glory Days stories I'll never stop telling.

Godspeed, thank you for trusting me, and Eyes Up.

B

dsd, gt1995, ChoonHound and 2 others like this.
  2. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I had the pleasure of riding in this one, driven in anger, at Summit Point ~20 years ago. It was the pinnacle of all my automotive experiences.

Bisonte likes this.
  3. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Wow, the end of an era—EYES UP, indeed.

4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Great F40, indeed the old "eyes up"!!

5. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    The link no longer works, did it sell that fast? :(

6. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    It's been pending sale for a while (waiting on money). I guessthe funds finally came through.

7. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Yeh, a real local legend of many years passing along to a new home. My favorite memory of that car was back on 2007 when I participated in the Ferrari 60th Anniversary Global Relay. Allie in the F40 led the procession drive from Ferrari of Washington down to the formal reception at the Italian Embassy in DC. A sight to behold and remember was watching Allie'e wife climbing out of the car with elegant awkwardness at the Embassy in her evening dress.