BluCam bloviates about the 599 | FerrariChat

BluCam bloviates about the 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by SSNISTR, Aug 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Why even go by that pic? It's just a R&T Photoshop attempt at what they
    think the new car may look like. We have to wait and see. But bottom line
    is this car is gonna be a performer!

2. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Some of the conclusions you all jump to make me laugh.
    That is 85% Photoshop....and that's comming from someone
    who uses it for a living.

I mean for gods sake you can see the BACK seat!!!!

3. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

How would you know? The 600 Imola isn't even out yet???????

4. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

I hope you aren't refering to Road & Track's bad Photoshop that is so bad it still has back seats, or the mules that are running around Italy with 612 body panels....there have been NO actual images as of today.

5. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Yes, I hope so, this car is gonna be awesome. 600 hp V12 and all!

6. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

I couldn't agree more. That was a horrible Photoshop of a 612 Scaglietti that never should have made print!!!!

7. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Wow, this car is gonna rock. So it seems it will share the V12 with the Enzo Ferrari, that's awesome! 600 bhp should make it a spectacular performer. As far as spy shots all the ones to date are covered with 612 Scaglietti body panels, which it will share none of. From what I have read here and in other places, it will share the basic platform (albeit shortened), the basic suspension modules with some new tuning and parts, and the gearbox with different programming with the 612 Scaglietti. Pretty much everything else will be different or exclusive to the new car. By the way, even though it might have 600 bhp, the 600 in the name I'm sure refers to 6.0 liter displacement, like other Ferraris. But at this point who knows what the actual name will be, we all thought the F430 was going to be called the 430 Monza remember. Either way, I can't wait to see this car!!!!

8. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

I have been following this car since word leaked out a few months back that it was comming out. I have not heard of or seen any "Autoweek" spy shots. They seem to really be hiding this car. All the spy shots out there, and there are very few, are totally covered up with tape and tossed on 612 Scaglietti body panels. From what I have read the Maranello successor will be a very aggressive design. I for one can't wait for it.

IMO this thread needs some moderator attention. Many of the posts are false and misleading. I think it needs to be un-stuck and a new one needs to be made....

9. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    I'm sure there are many deposits out there. This car is VERY anticipated.
    I think it's due as a 2006, so I'm sure we will start to see pictures in a few months....at least I hope.

10. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

All that is a 550 Barchetta Pininfarina, came out years ago....

11. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Damn Ferrari is doing quite a job of keeping a wrap on this thing.

You can tell the wheelbase is shorter then a 612 Scaglietti, but Ferrari
    is doing a great job of slapping chopped up 612 Scaglietti body panels on the test mules.

Also, the car would never be called a 600 Maranello, I don't know who told them that. It's a whole new car, so expect a whole new name....maybe 600 Imola, maybe something else.

12. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

That name is just a guess. Personally I like it, 600 rolls off your tongue easy and Imola is the name of a very famous, historic race track in Italy.

13. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Enzo e Dino Ferrari was added later as a tribute. Offically the name of the track is Imola, just like the town it's in. Which is indeed located in the San Marino part of Italy.

14. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    It's not a seperate county, it's called a principality. It's like a city that functions on its own inside a county, in this case it's San Marino in Italy. But bottom line is that officially it is part of Italy.

15. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Well that's what I was tring to get across.... :D

16. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Well if you are refering to the Photoshopped shot in the new R&D and C&D that pic actually isn't new. It's a BAD Photoshop of a 612 Scag, TRING to be a Maranello replacement. If you look you can see the damn back seats, the Maranello successor will be a 2-seater not a 2+2. Plus they tossed on F430 mirrors and wheels. And for kicks they added a few ramdom scoops and intakes. If you ask me a respectable magazine should not print crap like that!
    At least make an attempt at a good Photoshop.

17. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Don't worry, it would NEVER happen....test mules are test mules....designed to throw you off.

18. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Yeah remember how covered and hacked up the Enzo mules were, Ferrari doesn't want to give away any clue on what the new Maranello replacement will look like. I'd guess Enzo-like tail lamps and a big hood scoop though, and about 600 ponies!

19. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

From what I have read, in ABOUT a year.
    I am sure some decent spy shots will be popping
    up in a few months. But Ferrari has been doing VERY
    well with covering up the test mules with chopped up 612 Scaglietti
    body panels and black tape.

20. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Gotta disagree there, the Enzo spy shots were VERY obscure right up to the end. I read on the Ferrari owners site a while back Ferrari plans to try to keep things under wraps better in the future. Hence NO even half-way decent spy shots of the Maranello replacement. Anyone who thinks any body panels will be shared with the 612 Scaglietti has lost their marbles. Ferrari has said themselves that it will have a totally different more aggressive look. But I am sure it will have a "family resemblence" with the 612 Scag, F430 and Enzo. Ferrari always does that.

21. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    1) Ferrari also said the F430 was going to be "delayed" a while back. They say this so current sales are not disrupted.
    2)Pininfarina will do the design, Ferrari tells them what they want, and they don't want to keep the cars all looking the same like Porsche. They want to be new, innovative and different. And Pininfarina is great at that. I love all the new Ferraris.
    3)The cars are larger for a reason. Many customers want a larger car. They feel safer and have more room. Plus newer cars have to be larger to meet all crash standards.
    4)I like the names, numbers can be a little boring. If the car is called the 600 Imola, which nobody knows for sure it has meaning. 600 is for engine displacement, 6.0 liter. Imola is named after the famous track in Italy.

22. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

I agree it is one of my favorite F-cars of all time. BUT it has been out since '97 and it needs to be updated IMO. The new car will be outstanding.

23. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

That car doesn't/will not exist. Unless you mean the 575 Superamerica.
    What does this have to do with the REPLACEMENT for the 550/575M ?

24. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Isn't this a little off topic guys?
    Maybe this needs to be split up into two topics....

25. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

You mean the hood scoop? It's oval, not square, and I hope they continue to use it. It is one of my favorite features of the Maranello. It brings cool air into the engine compartment and IMO looks very aggressive.