News

blueprints

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jmillard308, Feb 22, 2004.

1. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed Owner

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Am I going blind or has the thread with the great drawings gone missing?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. P 4 Staff

P 4 Staff Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Hi Millard.
    I asked the administrator to delete the whole thread...because I don´t want to be accused of violating the "Copyright Law".
    Which I obviously were...by someone...( you know who )...thank him.

P 4 Staff.

4. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    I WAS THE PERSON who inquired last week and inquired if those blueprints were copywritten material or not. I noticed that some of those blueprints contained a lot of written text, which to me indicated that they were pulled from some older publication. Call me crazy, but I thought that's why virtually every book, magazine, advertisement, etc., is considered copywritten material and duplication without permission is considered a violation of copyright law? Nobody is "ACCUSING" anybody. Some of those 1/32nd scale model plans may indeed be over 30 years old and the copyright may have expired, or they may not have. That's why I asked. I DO KNOW that the Ferrari Prancing Horse Logo is over 50 years old, but you can get yourself slapped with a lawsuit real quick if you decide to start reproducing the horsey logo without Ferrari's permission. If somebody truely thought that their posting of previously published material was NOT a copyright violation, then why did you request that Rob remove the entire thread???
    I think that my question regarding the copyright laws made the original poster nervous because he knew that when it came right down to it, nobody can just scan a magazine article into their computer and start posting it on the internet. Sad, but that's just a fact.

And by the way, don't shoot the messenger just because he is smart enough to know the truth and bring it to light.

5. P 4 Staff

P 4 Staff Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Originally posted by "horsefly":
    then why did you request that Rob remove the entire thread???

Because suddenly there popped up a "POLICEMAN" asking if I had the right to spread these blueprints on the internet. Well...I tell you...they are already spread all over the internet. I saw a question for blueprints on the FerrariChat site...and I thought that was a good idea...because I know many of the Ferrari fans are model builders.
    But...rightaway there stepped in a "POLICEMAN" and spoiled the luck for them all.
    That´s why I asked to get them deleted.

And a true Ferrari fan....he can always find the blueprints.

Enough said from me...

P 4 Staff.

6. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    As I said, don't shoot the messenger. Since I have absolutely no power to delete anything on this board, it's pretty obvious that I could not have spoiled anybody's fun by deleting anybody's photographs or blueprints. That matter is strictly between you and Rob. Grow up.

7. To remove this ad click here.