Boardwalk Ferarri Service | FerrariChat

Boardwalk Ferarri Service

Discussion in 'Texas' started by AllItalian, Dec 3, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AllItalian

AllItalian Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2019
    TX
    Boardwalk Ferarri Service
    Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by AllItalian, Today at 7:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
    Unwatch Thread
    1. [​IMG]
      AllItalianKarting
      Jan 20, 2019
      TX
      #1Today at 7:10 PM
      Last edited: Today at 7:24 PM
      Greetings F chatters
      Want to get some feedback from F car owners and their experiences with Boardwalk Ferarri
      I’m not sure how to approach this so I’m hoping to get some opinions/direction as to what needs to be done
      I have owned a FF ,and currently own a F12 and 458
      I have been taking these cars for scheduled services there .None of my service experiences have been good ,I live an hour and a half away and every time after a serive car has to be hauled off back to them ….Details

on the 458 2 years ago after I sent it for service including all the fluid changes ,drove th car back home
      After I got home I saw some fluid all over the rear tire ,turned out it was break fluid
      Called Boardwalk ,they picked the car up ,painted the calipers and I think the wheel and I got it back ….the brake fluid had eaten the paint

#2 took FF for service ,a day later get a high oil level reading,called Boardwalk car gets hauled to them and the service manager actually had the audacity to ask if I filled it more after the service or took it anywhere else after I had the service done …..they dropped the oil level down cleaned up the engine bay and get the car back

# 3 458 goes in for service ,driving it back home and I heard a huge bang /rattle thought I blew a wheel …..pulled off on 635/i20 the whole diffuser panel is torn up ,it appeared that the diffuser was not bolted on on one complete side facing front of car ….I was with my son and he was terrified and I tell you it was frightening specially on i20 ….I notified the service agent immediately and I expressed my frustration……I’m afraid that one of these days someone is going to get badly hurt …..any one else had any experience like this ?

buddyg likes this.
  2. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    In today's world nearly every automotive repair shop faces some major challenges attracting and keeping competent staff. Nearly every shop out there has at least one opening. A stand alone Ferrari dealership struggles to generate enough revenue to be profitable for many reasons so they are often owned by large corporations that can share costs with their other franchises.
    In my experience service decisions are generally "profit driven" and not what's best for the car and/or the client. Ferraris are seen as any other car. I do not believe your experience is uncommon.
    The investment side of ownership now plays a huge role in ownership. An invoice from an authorised dealer carries more weight than an independent shop.
    Cars aren't used because low mileage is paramount, the entire hobby is grossly different than it was when I began 46 years ago.
    You may have worked hard and sacrificed to own one of these master pieces but in the corporate franchised dealer world it's just another car, a commodity.
    Do your homework, ask who is working on your car, ask about his/her qualifications, and maybe even to speak with the tech. Don't be just another faceless customer, everything worthwhile in life is about effort, make your expectations clear, (or find a great independent..lol)

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    @SAFE4NOW

Between my Ferraris, Maserati, Porsche, '70 Boss 302, and plane over the last 10 years, 5+ service shops, and dozens of visits I can't think of once everything came back perfect, under budget, and on time.

I do know Steve is one of the best Ferrari service managers in the country and Boardwalk has a great reputation. Beyond that I think Steve can address what he can address.

jeffb99tx, SAFE4NOW and DIGMAN52 like this.
  4. AllItalian

AllItalian Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2019
    TX
    At this point I don’t care about the car coming back to me “perfect” All I want is for me to get into my car and be able to drive home and reach home safely!
    I made a personal request to the service advisor and said “ could you make sure that I don’t have any issues this time around please ,and he said that the tech was put on notice !
    When I heard that huge bang i quickly looked at my rear view mirror to pull aside for safety and I saw this piece flying in the air towards the car behind me ,fortunately they stopped quickly enough to avoid a hit on their windshield…..I can only imagine what could have happened …..

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Sounds like you tried to do the same, I really PUSH them to drive the car, not just around the block, but take it home for the day or at least an hour. I'll pay the hourly service rate. It seems like when anything isn't 100%, that you will find out within an hour of driving. I think most service shops skimp on this test out time, but it is probably where they could gain the most value back and goodwill with customers.

6. VelocityTexas

VelocityTexas Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2019
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    I work in the dealership world an I can tell you without a doubt, no matter how we try, we ain’t perfect. Nobody is. The difference is how the offender reacts. If full responsibility is taken and corrections are made then that’s a win for the customer. It appears you were in line for the unfortunate more than once and that’s the luck of the draw. I have heard, over the years, everything about everyone. No one is immune. Sometimes you have to think if you too have made a mistake and hopefully your job isn’t life or death or requires someone to get in a car and drive off. Boardwalk is top notch and genuinely cares.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  7. AllItalian

AllItalian Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2019
    TX
    Thank you for your response,I don’t intent to be be just another Faceless customer. I think I have just about had enough of this emotional distress ,the fear my 9’year old son had when he told me not get out of the car on I20 was enough for me !!
    I personally know a couple of guys who had similar experiences but choose to be quiet.
    I’ll just wait on Boardwalk to call me on Monday and fix everything that’s broken.
    I may or may not want to be a Ferarri car owner hereafter

8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Message Received.

I apologize that this has happened, again on your Ferrari.

Once it arrives, I will have the shop foreman, your advisor , and I oversee its unloading, visual inspection, then communicate our findings.

Steve

BB84 and jeffb99tx like this.
  9. AllItalian

AllItalian Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2019
    TX
    Thank you for reaching out! Someone mentioned you were on the chat …as one of the F chatters said ,I can take the car to an Indy shop ,yet chose to come over and over to Boardwalk despite my experience knowing that the car and I would be in good hands ,hopefully we can move forward with a favorable outcome

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  10. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    As a life long Ferraristi these things upset me. Many of my long time friends and clients have sold or are selling their Cars and buying Porsches, the experience is just easier for them.