Bob Varsha returns to F1 on Speed! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bob Varsha returns to F1 on Speed!

Discussion in 'F1' started by formula1joe, Mar 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    well just so you guys don't think we had it too good back north with the ITV feeds in the last few years TSN started employing Vic Reuter as its pre show and commercial throw guy.

This guy is worse than anyone off Speed. his claim to fame was as a curling commentator (for those who don't know curling is Ice bowling or darts for people who are not allowed to have sharp objects) the sport is about as exciting as a really good game of horseshoes Vic was in his element there. F1 was WAY over his head and his stilted delivery and lack of any relevant information was so maddening.

A couple of years ago TSN also had the balls to not show the opening coverage of the first race because a curling match had gone into extra ends..... there we were in a room full of guys waiting for that green flag and all we get is some woman yelling down the ice HURRY..... Live from the Saskatoon Civic Center.... I have never seen a group of guys so ready to beat a TV before or since.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    :)
    LOL

I can just imagine the scene. Although I do like Curling, but not as a spectator sport. It's quite popular in the "nordic" countries.

3. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    "and another Mclaren done blown up again!"

4. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Problem is they have a LOT of time to fill and I think Matchett can only talk so much .... BTW, movie quote, name the movie: "...yeah, Steve always says you can only drink so much and screw so much..."

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Dunno the quote.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't need constant chatter from the guys. I'm quite happy hearing the engines whiz by. I think if I had control over the picture, I'd be constantly on in car camera anyway.
    :)

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I agree, there should be F1 coverage where 60-80% is onboard constantly switching from car to car, they have the feeds, they just don't show them. Now towards the end of the race it will get a little boring because the cars will be all spread out but it would be great overall. NASCAR does it with their "In Car" pay-per-view. You are also right about the chatter, I prefer engine noise myself. I have NEVER turned on the radio in my Ferrari in 3 years.

7. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #32 writerguy, Mar 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Isn't that the dog contest movie? Hilariously funny.

9. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Yes some of the best stuff came from the color commentary from Fred... Well just look at this little *****..... Willard

10. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I LOVE those 2 guys. "Best In Show" was hilarious!!

11. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto