Bodywork in Miami area | FerrariChat

Bodywork in Miami area

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Schultzois, Dec 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    #1 Schultzois, Dec 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Anyone know a good shop for minor bodywork and repainting in Miami?

My 550 got a relatively small but deep scrape on the driver's door and rear 1/4 panel, and I've been trying to find a place that will do excellent work but charge a fair price.

Since I'm not from the area, I have no experience with any of the places down here, but would rather get it fixed straight away instead of wait until I come back up to New York and have someone I already know fix it.

Photo attached.

Thanks in advance.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #2 RP, Dec 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I suggest you contact Martin at Cavallino Motors through this site. He would be quite knowledgeable about good shops in Dade County.

You may run into one big problem in finding a body shop anywhere in south Florida. Most every one of them has a backlog to March and April because of repairs to automobiles damaged by hurricane Wilma. My new Audi A6 got plastered by gravel, needs a complete paint job, can't get into the shop I trust until March 20.

Good luck.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Luc in Hollywood is great. I think Martin and/or Tim Stanford have his number...I'll have to see if I can find it.

4. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Countach Auto Body in Coral Gables...Ask for Hugo....They are the absolute best. They do every exotic imaginable.

5. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Luc in Hollywood, he's very good.

6. abolfaz

abolfaz Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2005
    Coral Gables
    I wouldn't dream of taking that car to anyone other than First Class body shop in Pompano Beach, I think they are the only authorized Ferrari/Maserati repair shop in Fl. Otherwise go to Bodycraft USA in Lauderdale. BTW Countach butchered my wifes Aston on an easy repair. I wouldn't recomend them, but if you have to be in Miami try European Automotive in south Miami or a shop in Hialeah called Diamante, Prestige Imports sends a lot of lamborghinis there.

7. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Although, I have personally never seen Luc's work, he has a very, very good reputation for his work from most people I know in the F-car clubs. Plus, I know him because he goes go-karting with us & he's a really nice guy. If I had an issue, I would probably give him a try. His website is www.exoticabodyworks.com and his phone number is 954-494-8772.

8. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    I would never go to First Class again..."authorized" means nothing unless you have a 360. If interested, I will go into detail...but they lied to me, after 8 months I had to do the leg work to find a windshield because they would not take the initiative to go outside the FNA circle, then just before I came to pick up my car...they called and said they accidentally backed into my car, causing $$ damage that needed fixing, repainting, new tail light. Granted, they did nice work, but I did not appreciate the customer service or the HIGH prices...ex. they charged my insurance co. $10,000 for repairs (dings, scratches, etc.) and repaint of certain areas. Luc (after the fact) told me it should not cost more than $4500 to the job. But since First Class is "authorized" and sponsored by Shelton, they charge crazy prices. Why? They had to purchase all the new equipment to work on the aluminum cars...guess they need to recoup the cost somehow. Again, good work, but you can get just as good work from Luc at better prices and MUCH better customer service. Luc repaired my door like a master.

Just my $.02

9. abolfaz

abolfaz Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2005
    Coral Gables
    I can only tell you about work that I have had done on my cars, the work I got from First Class or Bodycraft in broward has been FLAWLESS! In dade it seems like everyone is a little less picky, but still the companies that I mentioned gave me very good and reasonably priced service.

And yes your right, First class usually (i don't know why) only likes to deal with late model cars.

10. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Luc and only Luc!!!

Nobody else.

If Prestige sends their cars someplace I would stay away from that same shop by a mile.

11. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    aww that made me sad.....did u ask shelton?

12. ferrarilou

ferrarilou Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    US
    Full Name:
    Lou Menditto
    Thanks for the archives ... my daughter's BMW is going to Luc on Monday. Just met up with him and Patrick, I was impressed by their description of what they would do. Damage is small but I'm anxious to get it done right.

Lou

13. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    Yes, I hear Luc is very good.

14. RoadRacer

RoadRacer Formula Junior

May 7, 2006
    SoCal / SoFla
    Full Name:
    Griff W
    Luc rocks... I wouldn't waste the time going anywhere else - he's done a couple of touch-ups for me that are invisible. He can blend a repaired area like no other.